need help picking a ds

shibaraski

CAGiversary!
Feedback
47 (100%)
I currently own a Balck ds.
im thinkin about getting rid of my old ds and pick up a different color.
White or the new color Blue/Black?

[quote name='shibaraski']I currently own a Balck ds.
im thinkin about getting rid of my old ds and pick up a different color.
White or the new color Blue/Black?[/QUOTE]

I'm partial to the crimson/black, but the blue/black is pretty cool too. I also like the all-black. I'd say no to the white one. I had a white on previously (before it broke/I broke it) and I have to say that in comparison the all white color is rather bland looking.

[quote name='UnderwaterMadman']Save the money and buy games instead?[/quote]

We have a winner! :applause:

In all seriousness, I'm pretty happy with my white one, but if they had been out at the time, I would have bought a black one. Just looks "cooler." So, based on your choices, I'd probably go black & blue.

Pink...

No but really, is there anything wrong with your DS now or is it purely a cosmetic change?

The new Cobalt DS Lite does look pretty nice. I own a white (bought one a couple months after launch and the color has grown on me a lot) and I can say that I prefer it to the black now. I also love how the outer portion of the casing has a glossy transparent layer added onto it.

Out of the U.S. colors I still like white the best but also think that the Crimson and Cobalt DS Lites look really good too. If I had a credit card or paypal account back in the day I probably would have imported the Navy DS.

I own a Phat but I plan on sometime buying the the Cobalt Blue. I think it looks really nice.

[quote name='UnderwaterMadman']Save the money and buy games instead?[/QUOTE]

This would be the logical answer - that $130 is four full-priced games, or who knows how many CAG-priced or used ones.

I replaced my black DS Lite with a Crimson/Black earlier this year. Sold my black DS Lite on eBay for about $15 less than I paid for it. Essentially I rented a DS Lite for $15 for the year.

Instead of buying a new system, why not try to customize it with decals, or vinyl skins? I bought myself a black DS and purchased a colorful skin from Decalgirl.com to accent it.

Then, if I ever get tired of that skin, I'll just remove it, and either try a new one, or experiment with specialty spray paints.

[quote name='Vanigan']Instead of buying a new system, why not try to customize it with decals, or vinyl skins? I bought myself a black DS and purchased a colorful skin from Decalgirl.com to accent it.

Then, if I ever get tired of that skin, I'll just remove it, and either try a new one, or experiment with specialty spray paints.[/quote]

Yes, shiny rims, faux alligator skin cover, platinum stylus and the works!

You got to rice up that baby and pimp it up! :lol:

...unfortunately all of these accessories/add-ons actually exist in the market :roll:

[quote name='Trikip']I own a Phat but I plan on sometime buying the the Cobalt Blue. I think it looks really nice.[/quote]

I was in the same situation. I ordered the Cobalt Blue, and it should come in next week.

I made a thread about ordering a clear housing mod from dealextreme. As of now, they seem to be out of stock, and my order will ship next week (2 weeks arrival from now)... maybe... It's going to be transparent black/gray... hopefully. Not that dealextreme is bad. But if your item is out of stock or if it's holiday season, expect to wait a millennium when ordering from dealextreme. Though I did get my clear black/gray plastic DSL guard to hold me over.

I agree with everyone saying you should spend the money on games (or even a PSP). But if you've got deep pockets, so to speak, I'd say get a white one. I have both white and black, and I think the white one looks a lot sharper. With the black one, the whole thing just seems flat-black, and you can't see the details like the nice translucence of the front cover.

Plus, as far as I can tell, the red and blue ones are basically the black version with different colored covers. So while you're playing, you'll still be looking at the same black inside part of the DS, which is the part that you're looking at most of the time. Unless red or blue is your favorite color...go white.

Or you could wait and see what the next new color is...

[quote name='mayamayouidiot']I agree with everyone saying you should spend the money on games (or even a PSP). But if you've got deep pockets, so to speak, I'd say get a white one. I have both white and black, and I think the white one looks a lot sharper. With the black one, the whole thing just seems flat-black, and you can't see the details like the nice translucence of the front cover.

Plus, as far as I can tell, the red and blue ones are basically the black version with different colored covers. So while you're playing, you'll still be looking at the same black inside part of the DS, which is the part that you're looking at most of the time. Unless red or blue is your favorite color...go white.

Or you could wait and see what the next new color is...[/quote]the black part of the ds casing on the red/black and blue/black versions is different from the regular black ds. it's matte, rather than glossy.

bread's done
Back