Need help please! I can't get rid of a trojan/virus/spyware!

GrimNecroWizard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I somehow got this "Win antivirus" thing that keeps popping up saying I have spyware on my PC and to scan now, and it's completely obvious that it's the spyware. I've been googling it and have seen that it is apparently pretty bad and I need to get rid of it asap. However, all the scans people have suggested and stuff haven't worked. I've used Adaware, Spybot, and super anti spyware professional. I don't know what to do right now and I really need help! Thanks for any help.

No, I've spent the last 2 hours trying those and another hour trying to do it manually at first by just deleting it.

Edit: Do you have a link to AVG Or Windows Defender?

Best way is to remove the hard drive, connect it as a second drive to a clean, working computer, and run anti-virus/anti-spyware from there.

Of course, it requires another computer and a bit of computer know-how, but it's the best way.

Just your friendly reminder that you should run all virus scans from safe mode. You might also try rolling back your Windows backup thingy a few days.

Usually these windows that pop up saying you have a virus is just some really nasty spyware or malware. For the most part I have noticed that Antivirus rarely remove them. If you happen to know the name of malware you could do some searching for removal tools which many of the malware out have. Usually requires to start in safe mode then run the app and it will delete all parts of it but will require an additional spyware scan after completion like spybot. If it doesnt have a removal tool and it is integrated with IE like changing your start page you can download hijackthis which will allow you to remove specific parts that are infecting here is a forum with a tutorial on using it and place to post questions for specific help
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial42.html

Back up your files, then erase your HD and reinstall everything from scratch.

Just like nuking the aliens from orbit, "it's the only way to be sure."

Once you've got one piece of malware on your system, it can open the doors up to all kinds of much harder-to-detect malware like rootkits and such.

bread's done
Back