Need help with a buyer on eBay...

carbontiger

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I'm new to selling on eBay. I just ended my third auction. Its my first (relatively higher priced item, my old blackberry pearl, as I've only sold a couple of blu rays before).
First off, the buyer has only 4 feedback - all positive though. Second, she make an instant payment via Paypal for the full amount, then sends me a message through eBay asking me to ship the phone to her P.O. Box, not the address provided by Paypal, though the two addresses are almost in the same town. She's a unverified Paypal user with an unconfirmed address. I'm a little confused as to what I should do to make sure I'm covered by Papal in case she pulls a fast one. I'm obvioulsy not shipping to her P.O. box. Paypal transaction page say that its "OK to ship" to the unconfirmed paypal street address - will I be convered under seller protection if I ship there? I'd appreciate any help.

Send her a reply asking if theirs another address you can send it to besides a p.o. boxs and perhaps get a tracking # to protect yourself. I believe that kind of communication will protect you, seeing as their will be a written agreement on a rearrangement. don't really trust the p.o

I don't trust the P.O. box either. I just sent her a message politely stating that I can't ship to any address other than her Paypal address to be covered by seller protection.

Thats for the best. You don't want to get burned early. I always say when people want stuff shipped to different places that they should have a different address in their ebay/paypal then.

So I sent her that nice message and never heard from her. She got the item today and now she says it doesn't work and she wants a refund. FYI, this was my listing (Second paragraph of the description should be of particular interest):

[FONT=&quot]Blackberry Pearl 8100 Unlocked T-Mobile AT&T[/FONT]

Boy, I'm really losing my patience with stupid illiterate people. I'm bracing for my first negative feedback. I already emailed her back quoting the parts from the listing that says that its "as is" as well as the return policy. Any other advice how to handle this or am I screwed with feedback?

:roll::bomb:

Take the loss and have her return it minus a restocking/ebay fees and relist the item. Try this if you want to have a chance of not getting negative feedback.

Was it in working order when you sent it? Maybe she's trying to pull the ol' switcheroo (keeping your working blackberry while sending you back her busted one).

Edit: Nevermind I just read your auction and you stated there was a problem.

I've had over 50 items on eBay, and the only one that ever gave me a problem was when I sold a cell phone. I don't know what it is, but people who buy phones on eBay have a higher chance of being pains.

The buyer had Paypal force a refund and then sent me back a different phone. Same model and everything, but the phone was different (could tell in the settings). Everything still worked and I just sold it to someone else. Weirdest thing ever.

Its an honest mistake on her part. just eat it and resell it. If you don't want to have that problem again put the phone's problem in the sub-title of your auction. though you'll most likely get less, it is pretty much a broken phone in my eyes

Listen man if you wrote in the auction that the phone is sold as-is and there was a problem with it then tell her she needs to fuck off. Ebay has made it way too hard on sellers because we can't leave negative feedback for any of the buyers. But don't give up man. Ever since I started Ebay again I've gotten 2 negative feedbacks from stupid/illiterate/asshole buyers but you dont really need to give a shit if you do get a negative. Atleast you should have your money or your phone back.

[quote name='Troopa']I've had over 50 items on eBay, and the only one that ever gave me a problem was when I sold a cell phone. I don't know what it is, but people who buy phones on eBay have a higher chance of being pains.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. I can totally see that. Its all these assholes that go on to get the latest and greatest phone and expect it to be new.

[quote name='paradise2894']Listen man if you wrote in the auction that the phone is sold as-is and there was a problem with it then tell her she needs to fuck off. Ebay has made it way too hard on sellers because we can't leave negative feedback for any of the buyers. But don't give up man. Ever since I started Ebay again I've gotten 2 negative feedbacks from stupid/illiterate/asshole buyers but you dont really need to give a shit if you do get a negative. Atleast you should have your money or your phone back.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. That exactly how I see it. She is some illiterate douche. eBay does a great job of convincing people that anybody can use its services.

UPDATE: She left me neg. feedback and sent me a long boo hoo message that she can't believe she's stuck with a broken phone and that she was trying to save money by buying used. Then she went off about how there were sratches on the sides and that I didn't mention that. Her feedback didn't say anything about the speaker, just about the scratches. Sounds to me like she knew it was her fault and was nitpicking.
I responded by saying that I was considering a return even though my auction clearly says no returns and that b/c she felt foolish and ignorant for not reading the description she decided to take it out on me so I won't take it back. The last line I left in the message: Enjoy!

I'm not going to sweat one neg. hit. I'm not making a liviing off eBay but it steams me that I can't leave any kind of negative feedback for her. She's obvioulsy an inexperienced user that made a mistake and wants its all to magically go away. Well I don't have the time or money to fix some idot's mistake. She complained that she didn't get her money's worth. Well lady, I'm not a fucking store with a guarantee and a return policy. Read the damn description.

but, "Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will."

bread's done
Back