Need HELP with AMD MOBO choice

Superwoody

CAG Veteran
I need help choosing a MotherBoard for a new AMD Opteron 144 Venus 1.8GHz 1MB L2 Cache Socket 939 Processor I'm about to get. I would like it to have a AGP port and it would be cool if it had both pci-xpress and AGP. I was kinda thinking a EPoX EP-9NDA3I or a ASRock 939Dual-VSTA?? ANY help would be great. I would like to stay as close to $50-$60 on the board, too. CAUSE I REALLY AM A CHEAP A$S:bouncy:

Get that ASRock 939Dual-VSTA.

I run the ASROCK 775Dual-VSTA and it's fantastic. Seriously the best board I've ever spent $55 on.

Running a Conroe E6400 and 2GB PC6400 (DDR2) with an older AGP card.

I've heard high reviews of that 939Dual-VSTA.

Have You Tried Any Of Their Open Box Deals?? I FOUND A ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 Socket 939 ULi M1695 OPEN BOX BUT ?????

I have in the past, but not recently. The board is already $55 or so brand new. Why take the risk of it being incomplete...

[quote name='Superwoody']NOPE, YOUR INTEL IS $55. THE AMD I WAS TALKING ABOUT IS $70 AND THE OPEN BOX IS $32..... SO :shock:[/quote]

For $32, I'd consider it. Be warned that it will more than likely be board only.

Yep, I've Ordered A Couple Things From Them Open Box/previous Return And They All Had Everything Included. But This One Is Less Than Half Of New So ?????

So make a decision for yourself. Just don't be surprised if it is missing items that come with a new version of the same motherboard.

Well I changed up my mind all together, or I guess Newegg changed my mind.:applause: They have what I thought was a great combo deal going right now with a AMD Athlon 64 3400+ Venice 2.2GHz cpu & you get a ECS KN1 Lite 1.0A Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra MoBo free! So $120 for both delivered I didn't think was to bad, anyone had either one?

13-135-003-07.jpg
KN1s2.jpg

bread's done
Back