Need help with home theater set-up!

pdat2003

CAGiversary!
I just got Comcast digital cable with the DVR box. I'm trying to connect my DVD player, video game systems, etc. to my TV, but am having problems getting everything connected to where it will be easy to switch from one to the other without complications. My TV has analog A/V jacks, S-video and RF. I was thinking that maybe an A/V receiver or an RF modulator would do the trick, but want to get the right components.

Anybody have similar problems that they solved? I greatly appreciate any help.

Ultimatly you'll probably want a home theatre Reciever with all the hook-ups. most modern recievers will have all the video and audio selection built in, so everything runs through your reciver then to your tv. not too hard. most probably start around $150-200 and all the way to the sky in price.

But if you want to get by on-the-cheap, an A/V switcher would do the trick. They come in a variety of sizes (2 to whatever # of device connections to 1 tv) and options such as manual, auto, or remote controlled switching.

I had to go with a vid switcher since my reciever only has 1 s-vid in-out...and wanted to get my dvr/xbox/dvd going s-vid, so I went with a switcher. Yeah, it's another component, but it does the job.

bread's done
Back