Need help with TV purchase

Pandemic360

CAG Veteran
Hi everyone

Its Christmas and Im getting a new tv. My options are slim because my parents dont want to order the tv I want from newegg. They recently went to sams club and their deciding to get me a Vizio 32". All the specs appear fine except for the response time. The Vizio has a response time of 8ms, and my current tv has a response time of 4ms. Will there be any issues playing games and watching blurays with an 8ms response time? I dont have much knowledge on HD tvs so any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

[quote name='Pandemic360']Hi everyone

Its Christmas and Im getting a new tv. My options are slim because my parents dont want to order the tv I want from newegg. They recently went to sams club and their deciding to get me a Vizio 32". All the specs appear fine except for the response time. The Vizio has a response time of 8ms, and my current tv has a response time of 4ms. Will there be any issues playing games and watching blurays with an 8ms response time? I dont have much knowledge on HD tvs so any help will be appreciated. Thanks![/QUOTE]
I just picked up a Vizio 32" E320VA to replace a broken set and it has the same 8ms response time. I have not noticed any issues going from the Samsung it replaced with a 6ms response, my biggest issue is with the SRS Tru volume and Tru surround both of them I had to turn off. Also there is only one audio out and that is SPDIF which sucks for me because I use an old set of self powered computer speakers that dont have an optical connection. For the $250 I paid for it in a pinch I wont complain too much though.

thanks! But now I have run into another issue. No headphone output. I dont own a stereo surround sound setup and its cheaper just to have surround sound headphones. Shopping for a new TV has become a headache. lol.

bread's done
Back