Need help with video card problems.

FaintDeftone

CAGiversary!
Hey guys, I need a little help. Not quite sure what to do.

I have a computer with onboard video and a PCI-E slot. I disabled the onboard video and installed a PCI-E Nvidia card. Everything worked just fine for months. Now recently for a few weeks I've been having strange sudden problems with it.

When my computer shut down one day, my video card wouldn't give my monitor a signal. I plugged my monitor into my onboard port and that worked, even though I disabled it. Next time I started up my computer, the onboard wouldn't work and the Nvidia card worked again. Now once and awhile it'll go back to the onboard card and go back and forth between the two after it's been shut down.

I thought maybe it was a bios problem so I updated flashed the bios and disabled the onboard again. Everything worked just fine. Now it's starting to do it again and I have no clue what to do about it. I doubt it has anything to do with Windows since it's doing it before Windows even starts up. It seems that my bios keeps re-enabling the onboard video by itself. It's never done this until recently.

Anybody have any suggestions on things I could try to correct this issue? My system specs are as follows:

AMD Athlon 64 2.4 GHz
Nvidia Geforce 7100 256mb PCI-E card
1GB DDR SDRAM memory

Thanks for anybody who can help me out.

It would help if you included your motherboard model number also. But something you might want to check if you haven't already, is if there's a physical on board video disable jumper on your motherboard. It doesn't seem like there is one, but you might wanna find out anyway.

I'm not sure what kind of motherboard I have, I'll have to find out. How would I know if there's an onboard jumper and if it IS an onboard jumper and not a different/important one?

bread's done
Back