Need *MAJOR* help upgrading from an old 20GB 360 system

DustyBottomsDA

CAG Veteran
Feedback
1 (100%)
I have an old 360 Pro System (non-hdmi) that I want to upgrade to a 60GB system. The problem with my current system is that my CD tray stopped working two days ago. I tried the pin hole option according to model with no effect. I tried all pin holes but no result as well. It seems that the gear in the CD tray keeps spinning instead of catching and opening up the tray. THE BAD is that my new Far Cry 2 disc is still in the tray.

The system works fine and I can still play FC2, but I just can't open the damn thing. I have tried everything and I was going to send it in for maintenence repair, but Microsoft wants me to pay $100 since it is out of warranty. The tray is stuck bad as I have yanked and pulled on it hard. I even had my two roomates help. It's kind of funny seeing three guys hunkerd around a console working on it. It's like we were doing surgery on it. At this point I want a way to open it without destroying completely though.

So any rate if I can fix that problem I am still looking to get a good deal w/warranty on a new 60GB system . I don't mind paying a full $299 for it as long as it has a good return or warranty policy if I have a problem like this in the future. Suggestions for selling, trade-In or other options for my old system would be greatly appreciated. Sorry this is long but I wanted this to be clear as I am really frustrated right now.

Thanks

Yeah I got a 360 60GB Holiday Bundle at a great price. But I am still having a problem with opening CD tray. Anyone know of any sites on how to remove the CD-ROM or open this tray other than pin hole way?

Thanks. Kind of funny I did a search for opening your 360 to get to the CD-ROM, and that is the article I ran into. I noticed it is an old article from 2005 and my 360 was a day 1 launch so that is good. I have heard the newer 360's are different to open. Doing it tonight.

bread's done
Back