need new headphones

waterman460000

CAGiversary!
hey guys, my ipod headphones have finally broken, and im in the market for new ones. my price limit is 30$. i was looking at some altec lansings which seemed pretty nice. but i was wondering if u guys had any reccomendations

i like those clip-ons and inner ear headphones, but if there are over ear headphones for 30$ that just have magnificent sound quality i might try those

I'd go with the Soundmagic PL30s. I read about them on Head-Fi almost a year ago and picked a pair up on Focalprice.com for about $20 shipped (they raised the price by $5 since). I personally prefer them to my Bose Triports, and all other earbuds that I've used. The only downside is they require a few hours to burn in, as they sounded like trash right out of the box... if you check out the head-fi thread on them (linked below), you'll get a detailed review and a lot of user perspectives on them (the thread has almost 50,000 views).

The Head-Fi Thread on them

Focalprice

hey thanks for all the great suggestions, but i was just wondering what to look for when looking for a pair of headphones, like when i look at the specs of a pair what do all the numbers and stuff mean? thanks for any help

[quote name='waterman460000']hey thanks for all the great suggestions, but i was just wondering what to look for when looking for a pair of headphones, like when i look at the specs of a pair what do all the numbers and stuff mean? thanks for any help[/QUOTE]
Specs are rarely a good indicator for predicting sound quality. You're better off reading opinions for specific headphones on a forum like head-fi.

[quote name='waterman460000']hey thanks for all the great suggestions, but i was just wondering what to look for when looking for a pair of headphones, like when i look at the specs of a pair what do all the numbers and stuff mean? thanks for any help[/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's not what you asked.

bread's done
Back