Need: Nintendo DS (Online site)

mirthoneist

CAGiversary!
This isn't for me, it's for my mother. She wants to get my little sis and little bro a DS for Xmas, but she's called about every store in town and they are all sold out. A few of them said that they wouldn't be getting any until after Xmas.

It wouldn't be such a big deal if my little bro didn't write to "Santa", beggining him to get one for Xmas. That's all he wants really.

So if any of you happen to stumble upon a reliable retail site that has them available, please let me know and I'll tell her to order it right away. Thanks.

I think your best bet would be begging someone here to pick one up for you at a B&M and selling it to you. I'd help you out of I could, but no place near me has had any DS's in stock since launch.

[quote name='alongx']I think your best bet would be begging someone here to pick one up for you at a B&M and selling it to you. I'd help you out of I could, but no place near me has had any DS's in stock since launch.[/quote]

I guess I could do that. I'll wait and see a few days if I can't find one online though.

[quote name='javeryh']Try Target, Best Buy or Walmart. They have lots in stock around me...[/quote]

I went to all three of them locally, and they didn't have any. I also went to Circuit City, TRU, EB, Kmart, Sears and FYE, but they all were out of stock. I went out of town to the Walmart in a different town, to find none also. I can't believe they are all sold out because I live in such a small area, surrounded by a bunch of old people :( (Florida)

[quote name='Benaorn']www.ebay.com

j/k:)[/quote]

We really can't afford to go an extra $50 for each one this year, unfrotunately, because one of our employees at the family business had gotten hurt a month back, and we paid his hospital bills without using worker's comp (cause then they'd charge us more), so my parent's are really on a tight budget this year. If that wasn't the case, I'd get two on eBay, just so I could see a smile on my brother and sister's face on Christmas day.

[quote name='mirthoneist'][quote name='alongx']I think your best bet would be begging someone here to pick one up for you at a B&M and selling it to you. I'd help you out of I could, but no place near me has had any DS's in stock since launch.[/quote]

I guess I could do that. I'll wait and see a few days if I can't find one online though.

[quote name='javeryh']Try Target, Best Buy or Walmart. They have lots in stock around me...[/quote]

I went to all three of them locally, and they didn't have any. I also went to Circuit City, TRU, EB, Kmart, Sears and FYE, but they all were out of stock. I went out of town to the Walmart in a different town, to find none also. I can't believe they are all sold out because I live in such a small area, surrounded by a bunch of old people :( (Florida)[/quote]

I'm sure if you've looked at any other "Looking for DS" thread you'd see me there... begging :cry: . Hey buddy, I am in the same exact boat as you (Resident of Miami, Florida). I've called everywhere, checked almost all available websites that I know of, and lost about 18 auctions just because I didnt want to pay ridiculus prices for this thing... Miami has none and I'll keep begging/asking (i like the word begging more... cuz it's kinda true) till I can find a place that has one. I've lost a whole free weekend because of the DS and I'm not giving up until I see one in my hands (or I know one is on the way)... so yeah... same boat, different story. Good luck though... you will need it... :cry:

[quote name='basketkase543']your "little bro" keeps writing to santa huh? Then why are there pencil marks on your hand??[/quote]

Hehe! :D He was blindfolded, he didn't know it was me! :p

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']
I'm sure if you've looked at any other "Looking for DS" thread you'd see me there... begging :cry: . Hey buddy, I am in the same exact boat as you (Resident of Miami, Florida). I've called everywhere, checked almost all available websites that I know of, and lost about 18 auctions just because I didnt want to pay ridiculus prices for this thing... Miami has none and I'll keep begging/asking (i like the word begging more... cuz it's kinda true) till I can find a place that has one. I've lost a whole free weekend because of the DS and I'm not giving up until I see one in my hands (or I know one is on the way)... so yeah... same boat, different story. Good luck though... you will need it... :cry:[/quote]

Yeah, it's been a huge pain in the butt for me too. What REALLY bothers me though, is that if you search for Nintendo DS, and choose "systems" on eBay, there are over 4000 of them up for auction. It makes me sick that these people are trying to make a profit off a rare item when teen who are looking to get one and parents who are looking to get one for their kids can't, because some jerk wants to make $50 extra off of it. :evil:

I wish you the best of luck though man. I hope you end up finding one.

[quote name='Scorch']http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/Search.do?c=1&context=&keyword=nintendo+ds&searchSection=All&go.x=0&go.y=0

doesnt show up as OOS for me..[/quote]

Doh. It looked to be like they'd have some, but when you go to the checkout (after you put in your email addy), it says both items are temporarily out of stock. I clicked the "notify me when back in stock" on the DS, so I hope they'll e-mail me if they get some back in stock.

[quote name='mirthoneist'][quote name='RelentlessRolento']
I'm sure if you've looked at any other "Looking for DS" thread you'd see me there... begging :cry: . Hey buddy, I am in the same exact boat as you (Resident of Miami, Florida). I've called everywhere, checked almost all available websites that I know of, and lost about 18 auctions just because I didnt want to pay ridiculus prices for this thing... Miami has none and I'll keep begging/asking (i like the word begging more... cuz it's kinda true) till I can find a place that has one. I've lost a whole free weekend because of the DS and I'm not giving up until I see one in my hands (or I know one is on the way)... so yeah... same boat, different story. Good luck though... you will need it... :cry:[/quote]

Yeah, it's been a huge pain in the butt for me too. What REALLY bothers me though, is that if you search for Nintendo DS, and choose "systems" on eBay, there are over 4000 of them up for auction. It makes me sick that these people are trying to make a profit off a rare item when teen who are looking to get one and parents who are looking to get one for their kids can't, because some jerk wants to make $50 extra off of it. :evil:

I wish you the best of luck though man. I hope you end up finding one.[/quote]

Yeah, I hate those Ebayers that just rip-off people in two ways: they buy all that there is before anyone can get it and they make it impossible for anyone to get an item at a reasonable price....

Oh, and the Circuit City thing... dont order from there. If you do some research and call.. they're out of stock ( http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=112167 )

I think that finding a DS is a regional thing. I was on a trip when the DS released, walked in to a Gamestop the day before release (in New Hampshire), asked if they would have any extrass tomorrow for release and they had one in for release that wasn't paid for. I dropped the money for it right there. I had to come back and get it the next day, but hey, no waiting.

I also saw a bunch (20+) of them in a Walmart the day after Thanksgiving (late afternoon) in the town where my in-laws live. Heck, even a Best Buy here in Des Moines had a couple earlier this week.

I just think that its the luck of the draw to find one where you are. I feel sorry for those who can't get one.

To those in Miami...its a big area with a lot of people...no wonder you can't find the thing.

[quote name='mirthoneist'][quote name='Benaorn']www.ebay.com

j/k:)[/quote]

We really can't afford to go an extra $50 for each one this year, unfrotunately, because one of our employees at the family business had gotten hurt a month back, and we paid his hospital bills without using worker's comp (cause then they'd charge us more), so my parent's are really on a tight budget this year. If that wasn't the case, I'd get two on eBay, just so I could see a smile on my brother and sister's face on Christmas day.[/quote]

you know i hate this. Why carry insurance for in the first place cause the first time you make a claim your rates are going to go though the roof or they will drop you rightt after they pay and then you wont find anyone to pick you up. i had a clean driving record for 10 years and hit a park car at a concert (though i could make it into the spot and i couldnt) and my rates went from 490 6 months to 895 for 6 months ...

I know this seems like a bit of a cop-out but here's an idea, just buy them a gift card to best buy for $150 each + plus whatever tax would be (price for a DS) and sign from santa, with an apology note that says I apologize that I couldn't get one, its just that Nintendo's a bunch of greedy butt-munches... (or edit further for age appropriateness)

Well, I got my 2 from Walmart.com this morn (made the thread about it in the Deals thread).

I hope everyone that wants one can find one. With that increase of shipment, I think it'll help a lot of people find em, and put a smile on some people's faces for Xmas.

[quote name='mirthoneist']Well, I got my 2 from Walmart.com this morn (made the thread about it in the Deals thread).

I hope everyone that wants one can find one. With that increase of shipment, I think it'll help a lot of people find em, and put a smile on some people's faces for Xmas.[/quote]

oh welll... i guess I am all alone now :(

Note: Talked to BestBuy employee and said there might be a shipment of them packed in with the new PSTwos nationwide comming this saturday. Said there is probably a special deal that will be going on (probably advertised in sunday paper)

Hopefully they ship them in this weekend.
I've spent the last week searching for them in NYC. It's damn hard to find it in the city...because it's a city :p

bread's done
Back