Need PC Help Urgently/Badly! (Vista)... shuts down randomly

FlameOnMe

CAGiversary!
SO here's the problem.

I have a windows vista home premium 32-bit. had it about three years, it's a quadcore with nvidea geforce 8800GTS installed. Worked fine, up until a few weeks ago.

I can't restart the computer, when I do it comes up with multiple blue error messages once it gets past the loading screen. Once the screen hits, the physical memory dumps and reboots itself in a repeated loop.

I've installed the service packs and even done a reinstall of Vista from a recovery disc, and nothing. I ran a memory diagnostic and it said there was a hardware issue, but it failed to tell me which hardware had the problem.

I ran a heat monitor and the CPU is at 100 degrees, GPU 80 degrees, and everything else is roughly 70-80 degrees. The computer now shuts off randomly. I've cleaned the fans multiple times with dust and they aren't dusty.

How can i fix this?

Uh, I believe Farenheit (whichever one would be the higher..)

Is there a way to see exactly whats wrong? Program I can download? Anything? I dont want to take it to ac omputer shop to get fixed due to the fact I know I will get conned into buying stuff I don't need or overcharged @_@

Yes, you can turn off the auto restart in the BIOS usually. Then if you have a laptop/other desktop to see what the codes are ( it shows something like X1000005BLABLALBA I think, there are several different ones, that start with letters or numbers, but you can find these on the internet and it shows what they mean, I had a website that I think I bookmarked but can't check as I have to go now for about an hour or so )

The numbers are always different for the errors. I have to wait about 15-20 minutes after it shuts down for it to be able to restart into the desktop again.

Download, burn;

Memtest (to check the RAM). Let it do several passes
Seatools (to check the HD). Bad HD indicated by "bad sector" error message. Even just a few bad sectors will basically make a HD unusable

Those are the most likely culprits.

Check the logs in in control panel -> admin tools -> event viewer, then windows logs -> system and look up the same time as the bsod to see what the report says.

bread's done
Back