Need Power Supply for my Computer Fast

ajh2298

CAGiversary!
Feedback
181 (100%)
My computer keeps shutting down right in the middle of me using it we have traced the problem to a faulty power supply. I can install it no problem, but I have no idea how to look for one that would work with my CPU. I have a Emachine Model #T2682, and it is all still orginal no upgrades have been made to it at all. The only B&M store I have in my area that sells CPU parts is CompUSA, if someone could post one that would work at CompUSA I would go get that one. Unless you can link me to one on the net at a good price, the only problem with that is I might have trouble ordering it because I never know how long my CPU will stay on(sometimes 4 hours sometimes it wont even boot).

Thanks in advance,
Anthony H.

any atx power supply should fit and work on ur computer. I just bought a power supply from compusa for $60 beacuse i needed a 350watt + power supply. The 350 and 400watt was the same price so i ended up getting the 400 compusa brand power supply. For the best deal i would suggest doing online searches or going to other computer stores such as MicroCenter one located in virginia and in ohio i believe, but if u need one quick compusa is the only place i guess. If you have a computer running only one harddrive im sure a 300watt powersupply will do just fine. I think the 300watt was only $40.

[quote name='Snake2715']Dont go to Compu USa and get their brand.[/quote]

I wouldn't normally recommend the Compusa brand. This is to replace a part in an emachines PC, however. ;) Going to Compusa is the easiest, fastest, and cheapest way to get the OP's PC running again, IMO.

Thanks so far for the help, guys.

I know it is an Emachine and they are crap but this PC has been running non-stop for 15 months, and I need to get atleast another 6-8 months out of it, before I can justify getting a new one. Unless I cancel my PSP preorder and get the new CPU with that money, but I would hate to do that.

And are all Power Supplies wired the same, meaning will the crap load of wires coming out of the Power Supply be the same on the one I will buy?

[quote name='ajh2298']Thanks so far for the help, guys.

I know it is an Emachine and they are crap but this PC has been running non-stop for 15 months, and I need to get atleast another 6-8 months out of it, before I can justify getting a new one. Unless I cancel my PSP preorder and get the new CPU with that money, but I would hate to do that.

And are all Power Supplies wired the same, meaning will the crap load of wires coming out of the Power Supply be the same on the one I will buy?[/quote]

Provided you get a ATX one.

The thing is Comp USA uses DEEr or some other cheap brand. It may or may not work and if it does work they are KNOWN for shorting out and frying the PC. So yeah save $35+ and risk the chance of ruining the PC? not worth it.

Get a reliable bigger 400+ one and use it in the next computer you get. Or go out and build your next computer and use it. Its a very overlooked part to your PC's performance.

Check here for info:

http://www.forum.pcmech.com/index.php?s=57192d0d12a7c52e7710b0d70beebdcc

Its PC mechanic and the guys are great.

As a general rule, PCs are the last place you want to be a cheap ass.

If technology easily confuses you, buy the heaviest one from the most recognizable name with the highest wattage. A heavy psu is more likely to be made of quality materials and be more durable. (Cheap ones use lighter/poorer materials to save on overhead)

I'm not sure about e machines, but 90% of the rest do. If they do, and you install an industry standard PSU, you can kiss your mobo goodbye.

bread's done
Back