Need PS3 Slim!

Zaku77

CAGiversary!
Feedback
107 (100%)
Well, I just turned my fatty PS3 on this morning, and the green light turns yellow, then it flashes red forever. This thing is completely dead. I am now in need of a new one. I would prefer to get a slim rather than a super slim. I really don't want one of those cheap, nasty things sitting in my house. Anyone have any ideas of where I can get a good deal on one? I'd prefer it to be new, if possible--or at least have the box and paper work and what not. 

Usual sourses of craigslist and ebay.  Cowboom is another good one.

I've heard sony is planning a price drop of the superslim really, really soon.  It's not a bad system and the new price might swing your vote.  I'm planning another up if the price is right so i have a spare.

One thing i have realized about the super slim that never occured to me is how nice it is to be able to grab the disk without turning it on.  My wife is a big redbox fan and everytime she would get a disk from the old system she would always it open and on.  On this system its always open but never left on.

I own all 3 (Fat, slim, and super slim) and the super slim became my 'workhorse.'  Fewer moving parts means it is less likely to break.  I would avoid getting console used as you have no idea what the previous owner did to it

Last edited by a moderator:
I need to get a new one cause my fatty died too :(

Guess I'll wait and see if they announce a price drop at E3 or something. PS4 SUCKS as a bluray player...stupid notifications even though notifications are off and no 3D support. Lame-O.

Usual sourses of craigslist and ebay. Cowboom is another good one.

I've heard sony is planning a price drop of the superslim really, really soon. It's not a bad system and the new price might swing your vote. I'm planning another up if the price is right so i have a spare.

One thing i have realized about the super slim that never occured to me is how nice it is to be able to grab the disk without turning it on. My wife is a big redbox fan and everytime she would get a disk from the old system she would always it open and on. On this system its always open but never left on.
Would it be cheaper than 80

bread's done
Back