Need some advice on Ebay

chief928

CAGiversary!
Ok so I just bought 3 dvds in 3 seperate auctions on ebay. They were all bought relatively cheap probably a grand total of $20 including shipping for all 3. So here goes all the dvds were described as very good condition, only viewed a few times, etc etc etc. So first comes Thirteen Days. Disc is in good condition but was clearly a rental before because there is a sticker on the disc. Then comes Seven which the discs are in good condition but the case it came in is pretty banged up. Then today I get Three Kings and it has Chinese writing all over it and is clearly a bootleg. Now mind you none of this stuff was descrbied in auction and i admit it is my fault for not investigating further but do I give these people negative feedback or try to get money back or do I just have to accept it? Any advice would be appreciated!!!

I'd email them all and tell them the item was not as stated and say you'd like a refund and see how they respond.

And in the future you might want to only buy DVDs when an acutal item picture is shown, most of the time those won't be bootlegs or exrentals.

I'd definitely raise a stink about the bootleg. But as for the other two, if they didn't describe the items as mint/flawless/new condition, you don't really have much to say. People have very subjective ideas about what good condition is.

keep in mind most of the time if you give a negative you will recieve one in return. i would email the seller and let them know your feelings and ask for a partial refund! in the future ask questions before bidding if description is vague!

[quote name='bluekeith75']keep in mind most of the time if you give a negative you will recieve one in return. i would email the seller and let them know your feelings and ask for a partial refund! in the future ask questions before bidding if description is vague![/quote]

You can always try to wait until after the person has given you feedback. Its safer then. Plus you still get the feedback you deserve for holding up your side of things.

I would definitely contact the seller, if they have any decent feedback they will try and work something out with you. If you get no satisfaction after contacting them then go the negative feedback route.

the bootleg is inexcuseable.. but yeah next time just look for the actual pictures read feedback and ask better questions before purchasing..

[quote name='bsschorr']I would definitely contact the seller, if they have any decent feedback they will try and work something out with you. If you get no satisfaction after contacting them then go the negative feedback route.[/quote]

I agree with that, try to get them to give you a refund before leaving negative feedback.

[quote name='chief928']So first comes Thirteen Days.
Then comes Seven.
Then today I get Three Kings.[/quote]

If I were you, I'd just abandon my plan of collecting every movie with a number in the title.

Took at look at the auctions.

IMO you have a beef on the bootleg certainly (3 Kings).

13 Days doesn't mention anything about condition so I don't think you really have a beef there.

Seven does say watched once in excellent condition so I would have expected the case to not be banged up. I don't know, in reality I don't think the seller will offer anything other than a refund of your money if you agree to send the DVD back (and maybe not even that). Probably not worth it. (And they probably won't fund your original S+H cost, either.) And the Seven guy could say the discs are in excellent condition and he didn't mention anything about the condition of the case (Kind of deceptive...)

So I email the guy that sold me the bootleg 3 Kings and he tells me that its not a bootleg, it is just region free. Yea ok buddy. So I insisted on the money back and he said fine he will refund my money if I ship it back to him. Is it worth paying to ship this thing back to him? The total price of the game was $6. Is it worth going through the hassle for $4? any thoughts?????

^ Has he explicitly agreed that he'll be refunding your bid and the S+H you paid? If not he may be planning to refund merely your bid ($3) I'd be sure of the amount he'll be refunding before sending it back anyway.

As for if it's worth it... Probably not IMO. But on a principal thing I could see sending it back to him.

I would try to raise a stink with eBay on the guy for selling bootlegs and maybe get a mark on his record. (I hate people that sell bootlegs.) And make sure to leave a negative feedback that says "BOOTLEG" and/or "PIRATED" in there somewhere.

I think the other two you should have asked about the condition before bidding. But for the bootleg one, raise hell :)

[quote name='chief928']So I email the guy that sold me the bootleg 3 Kings and he tells me that its not a bootleg, it is just region free. Yea ok buddy. So I insisted on the money back and he said fine he will refund my money if I ship it back to him. Is it worth paying to ship this thing back to him? The total price of the game was $6. Is it worth going through the hassle for $4? any thoughts?????[/quote]

Tell him if he doesn't refund you in full and pay for your shipping it back you will leave him a negative saying: WARNING BOOTLEG MOVIE SELLER DO NOT BUY FROM!!!!

and that you will file a complaint with ebay explaining how you were sold a bootleg.

Nail the guy with the bootlegs. Then tread carefully with the others because they could screw you on feedback. You don't have much in them so you might just want to cut your losses and take it as a lesson learned. Sux though.

bread's done
Back