Need some advice on shipping out vinyls

cabbage8921

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Just sold some signed copies of records and need some advice on how to package it. I was thinking of padding it with cardboard from boxes or something like that to prevent bending. What else should I do?

Sorry if it doesn't belong on this form.

If they're not sealed, take them out of the slipcover, and pack them with a lot of cardboard. Not sure why, but record people always want vinyl shipped outside of the cover.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']If they're not sealed, take them out of the slipcover, and pack them with a lot of cardboard. Not sure why, but record people always want vinyl shipped outside of the cover.[/quote]

Whenever I bought vinyl online it was always shipped to me in a cardboard box that fit around it and with lots of cardboard on top and bottom, just like you said. I second this.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']If they're not sealed, take them out of the slipcover, and pack them with a lot of cardboard. Not sure why, but record people always want vinyl shipped outside of the cover.[/QUOTE]

It's so that the record doesn't leave a ring marking around the cover.

[quote name='cabbage8921']so I should take the record itself out of the white slip cover?[/quote]

No, it should stay in that, but outside of the case (the thing with the pretty cover art and shit).

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']No, it should stay in that, but outside of the case (the thing with the pretty cover art and shit).[/QUOTE]
This. Basically, keep it as stiff as possible so it doesn't bend - and really, that advice applies in all situations. ;)

Some office supply stores sell record mailers, but in a pinch, oversized thick photo mailers will work too.

bread's done
Back