Need some casual game suggestions - steam or otherwise!

wageslave

CAGiversary!
Could some fellow CAGs help suggest some PC games for me?

I’ve decided to get out of the World of Warcraft grind for a while and want something light weight. I’m looking for a casual puzzle game and a casual top down shooter.

For the puzzle game, I was thinking about something like the old Incredible Machine or Pipe Mania. The Cogs game on Steam looked interesting. Has anyone tried that?

I’d also like to get and old school shooter with gravity like Gravitron or Gravity Crash for the PS3, or even something like Lunar Lander that requires finesse (but no shooting).

A monkey ball / marble madness type game might give me a good retro fix too, come to think of it :D.

I’m not necessarily looking for old games, something modern with an old school feel would be nice too. I have a steam account, but am not adverse to freebies and open source either (You there Maz? :D ). Thanks for any help in advance!

I'll just list off a few that I've enjoyed as quick fixes:

-PopCap Games (ESPECIALLY Plants vs Zombies)
-Flight Control HD
-Hoard (just came out, and has a bit of strategy to it, but it's still really easy to pick up and you can play a game in 10 minutes)
-Everyday Logic: Square Genius (this is more of a math game, but there's a puzzle element to it and there are TONS to solve)
-Beat Hazard (fits your top down shooter, but uses your music to make the levels)
-Osmos (game that requires finesse, but has a super chill soundtrack)

Those are just a few that I've played in the past for a quick fix. I'd also suggest Trials 2: Second Edition, Shatter, Chime, Altitude and everybody's recent favorite Super Meat Boy.

I would hit my 'Free and Legal PC Games' thread and check out the Action - Arcade section, Action - Platformer section and Puzzle section.

Are the games for you only or you with some friends and family?

[quote name='Megazell']I would hit my 'Free and Legal PC Games' thread and check out the Action - Arcade section, Action - Platformer section and Puzzle section.

Are the games for you only or you with some friends and family?[/QUOTE]

Mainly for myself, but I have a couple of friends who might be up for some multiplayer action. Thanks.

bread's done
Back