Need some computer/file help please!

rdwd39

Banned
I made an iMovie on my mac which has iLife '06 and I need to somehow get it on my pc. I have an external hard drive but you can only read onto it from the mac. I think there is a way to set up a network between the two, but I have been unsuccessful so far. The file is right under 2GB. I have converted it to a .fv file which makes it compatible for viewing in quicktime. Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Thanks!

You could email it to yourself and download it like that. There's also yousendit and rapidshare, megaupload, etc.

[quote name='c0rnpwn']You could email it to yourself and download it like that. There's also yousendit and rapidshare, megaupload, etc.[/quote]

That could take a while unless you have fast upload speeds.

I do have a 2gb flash drive but the file is like 1.9gb so with formatting it doesn't fit. I looked into each of those sites and they all have 100-200mb file limit sizes. I guess I'm just going to have to invest in a bigger flash drive or a SD card. :(

Thanks for the help guys, I got the file onto my PC and now there is something else I need help with. The file extension is not .fv like I said before but .dv which is the format the mini dv cameras are used in. I need to convert this file to .avi or something else usable that will scale down the size because my teacher wants us to have it streaming on the interwebs. Any advice on this is appreciated and thank you so much for the help so far!

[quote name='rdwd39']Thanks for the help guys, I got the file onto my PC and now there is something else I need help with. The file extension is not .fv like I said before but .dv which is the format the mini dv cameras are used in. I need to convert this file to .avi or something else usable that will scale down the size because my teacher wants us to have it streaming on the interwebs. Any advice on this is appreciated and thank you so much for the help so far![/quote]See if any of this will work.

http://www.digital-digest.com/software/category-53.html

[quote name='JolietJake']See if any of this will work.

http://www.digital-digest.com/software/category-53.html[/quote]

I was just getting on here to put that link on here in case someone else runs onto this problem. I used mpeg streamclip and it converted it to .avi down from 1.8GB to 814MB. Great program! My problems are over and I thank everyone again for all their help!

bread's done
Back