Need some help in choosing games

davidjinfla

CAGiversary!
Been a xbox 360 owner for a long time and I just got a PS3, I was wondering if there are any significant performance differences between multiplatform titles. I remember reading how games like FEAR and Half Life 2 did not play as well on the PS3. Has this been solved are performance issues between the 2 systems even now? Are there any PS3 multiplatform games you recommend over 360 version? (besides batman)

I generally buy 360 for multiplats still, but the differences between versions have shrunk considerably. I like the 360 controller better, and I have two 360's/one PS3 so I got more flexibility buying 360.

At this point most titles are the same. In general, choose based on controller preference, DLC, and what friends buying the same games are doing in general.

Off the top of my head games like the Orange Box(don't buy it on consoles), Ghostbusters, Fallout 3(on release, at least), and SvR 08 all had problems. Fallout DLC is coming to the PS3, but I wouldn't know how it plays as I have it on PC. I think Burnout Revenge and GTA IV are better on the PS3, but so far the 360 has the Stories From Liberty City DLC, funny how that works. In most cases though its a toss up, whatever platform you want to buy a game for.

Yep most titles are the same but you really can't go wrong by going with 360 versions of multiplatform titles. It is almost always the PS3 version that has issues.

only games that come to mind are burnout paradise and mirror's edge. But if you already have those on 360 I don't think the difference is big enough to switch over, unless your really into mirror's edge cause it has an exclusive free dlc map. I would say just go with which ever version you want. favorite console, controler, more online friends, trophies or achievements, etc

most of the differences are going to be minor. Like it was said above- if it's a online game, follow your friends. If it's offline, get it for the system with the controller you like.

bread's done
Back