Need some help pricing lot(s) for Craigslist - N64 and SNES games

lolwut?

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
Hey all; just looking for some friendly advice on what you guys think I should price these lots out for. I've already made my money back on what I paid for the stuff, so I'm just looking to maximize profit here. I'd like to get rid of the stuff, but not GIVE it away. Here's the stuff I'm looking to sell:

Please don't ask to buy individual games; I'm not looking to ship or part anything out, unless you're interested in one of the lots as a whole

N64
Donkey Kong 64 (Boxed, no RAM)
Tonic Troble (CIB)
Super Mario 64 (CIB)
Paper Mario (CIB)
Ms Pack Man Maze Madness (CIB)
Banjo Kazooie (CIB)
Bomerman 64 (Cart Only)
Conker's Bad Fur Day (CIB)

SNES
Donkey Kong Country 2 (CIB)
Donkey Kong Country 3 (CIB)
Congo's Caper (CIB)
Super James Pond (Box)
Pushover (CIB)
The Lion King (CIB)
Lemmings (CIB)
Family Feud (CIB)
The Jungle Book (CIB)
Zool (CIB)
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (CIB)
Super Alfred Chicken (CIB)
Super Buster Bros (CIB)
SNES Cleaning Kit (CIB)

I used to have a document with approximate values of the games individually but I lost it, so I only have a very general idea of what everything is worth right now. Some questions I have: The only thing I was thinking of selling by itself was Conker's Bad Fur Day because of how valuable it is, am I right in doing that?

Also, I was thinking I should keep the lots split up into SNES and N64 rather than together when I bought everything; that would be the best approach, right?

And finally, many of these games came with guides, multiples even for some of the games, but I have no idea if I should include them or not. I feel like doing so wouldn't really raise the value of the lots as many people wouldn't care about the guides, and I'd be better off trying to sell them in separate lots themselves. What do you all think?

Thanks in advance,
lolwut?

I don't see getting max value for CIBs locally; since you have less buyers actively looking for those--you might get 50-60% of the average ebay end price.

It's ironic that you have a bunch of games you could make some good money on if sold online, and you say you don't want to ship. Then there's a banner at the bottom of your post to check your trade list. To each their own I suppose.

Anyway, selling a list like that on CL? I'd just put best offer and wait until you get a response you're satisfied with.

If I had these . . . I'd sell them individually on Amazon to max value (at least some of them). Damn, a complete Conker! I would list it over $50 right now and I bet it would sell within a week. About the same for Paper Mario.

If you want to go easier, I'd split them into a few lots and sell them on ebay. CL would be the last thing I would do. Who wants to get hit with all the lowball offers?

Honestly if you want easy, just offer the whole lot to a CAGer for $100 plus shipping (like me) and be done with it.

Local eBay lowballers will be happy to offer you $3-$5 each on those or $40 for the whole lot.

Your fault for wanting to use Craigslist. Bottom of the bottom of the barrel right there.

I've been selling a lot of old Nintendo games lately on ebay. Done pretty well so far. I can tell you that Conker (cart only) sold for $40 and $50, had 2. Paper Mario is the only one that I would say that would sell for a bit.

Also, check out vgpc.com to see what prices are for games and then decide what you want to charge off of that.

You're not going to get much of anything using Craigslist. I'd pretty much agree with what Shultzed said (except for the "like me" bit ;P), selling online or just selling the lots to somebody who you know will appreciate them are your best options.

If you were to go the ebay route I'd try BINs before going to auction with them. I've seen a lot of stuff going for much lower then usual on Ebay lately.

at least in my area, craigslist is exclusively for selling illegal goods, online gaming scams, and ebay resellers advertising to buy your games cheap to resell.

[quote name='GoldFly']It's ironic that you have a bunch of games you could make some good money on if sold online, and you say you don't want to ship. Then there's a banner at the bottom of your post to check your trade list. To each their own I suppose.[/QUOTE]

Not really; shipping games in DVD cases is much easier than boxed cartridge games, unless you want to package/ship them like a dickhead, which I wouldn't want to do. That stuff that I put on my trade list I tried to sell for a few months locally before I even put it up here, because I don't like dealing with shipping costs/maintaining a thread/going to the P.O., etc.

@Indigo, I'm not expecting max value at all, just wondering what others thought would be fair to ask for the lots, and how I should split them up.

I had no idea Paper Mario was worth nearly as much as Conker, I'll consider selling that individually too. As for eBay/Amazon, I've never sold on there and I doubt I ever will. I don't like fees (eBay) and how biased the sites are in the buyer's favor, especially with me being a new seller. For those curious, I did have these games up on my CAG tl for awhile (they're still there, just hidden) and only got terrible lowball offers; I'm talking $8-10 shipped for Super Mario 64 and ~$15 shipped for both Donkey Kong Countries. I'm used to lowballers both on here and craigslist, so I'm not too worried about that.

No one mentioned the guides, so I guess I'll just sell them on their own. Thanks for the input

[quote name='lolwut?']Not really; shipping games in DVD cases is much easier than boxed cartridge games, unless you want to package/ship them like a dickhead, which I wouldn't want to do.

I had no idea Paper Mario was worth nearly as much as Conker, I'll consider selling that individually too. [/QUOTE]

Shipping boxed SNES/N64 games in the small Priority Mail flat rate boxes is very easy, since they fit almost perfectly with only a little bit of loose room (use some rolled up paper as filler).

And no, Paper Mario is not worth as much as Conker. Conker is worth twice what Paper Mario is worth (assuming both are complete).

[quote name='thejuggala']Can anyone clue me in on why Conkers is worth so much?

Never thought it would be worth anything since it was so common.[/QUOTE]

It's always supply and demand. I don't know how many copies are out there but the demand is pretty high.

The Xbox version is also a good seller.

N64
Donkey Kong 64 (Boxed, no RAM)
Super Mario 64 (CIB)
Paper Mario (CIB)
Banjo Kazooie (CIB)
Bomerman 64 (Cart Only)
Conker's Bad Fur Day (CIB)

SNES
Donkey Kong Country 2 (CIB)
Donkey Kong Country 3 (CIB)
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (CIB)

imo these games are the most you'll get if you sell in a lot, you'd be better off keeping the other games.

hell conker goes for $60-$80 online cart only, *looks at my sealed copy and smiles :D*

lolion king snes was an awesome game B^)

[quote name='thejuggala']Can anyone clue me in on why Conkers is worth so much?

Never thought it would be worth anything since it was so common.[/QUOTE]

Every time I think about the huge numbers of copies of this game that were on clearance everywhere around 2000-2003 it makes me sad.

[quote name='jer7583']Every time I think about the huge numbers of copies of this game that were on clearance everywhere around 2000-2003 it makes me sad.[/QUOTE]

Me too, especially if it's selling for that much. Looks like I have a game I'll need to keep my eye out for.

[quote name='jer7583']Every time I think about the huge numbers of copies of this game that were on clearance everywhere around 2000-2003 it makes me sad.[/QUOTE]

It's kinda weird though because when games are remade and ported to a newer system, the original copies great lose their value. But with this game, it spiked in value.

There are so very many games that fit this description. I had Zelda Link to the Past back in the day. I bought it used, beat it and sold it back. Later (say, 1995) I saw a stack of new copies in some weirdo little shop in NYC for $10 each. So I picked it up again (still have it)--unfortunately even though I've never played it, I opened it (doh). I wish I had gotten the whole stack and tucked them away.

lol, well I appreciate all the help guys (and the love for craigslist). I'm planning to try to get around $130 for the SNES lot and $120 for the N64 lot based on research I've done. If anyone would be interested in buying one of the lots you can shoot me a PM and we might be able to work something out. I'm not interested in parting out anything right now despite that netting me the most cash; I might do that down the line if these continue to sit.

I've been having a selling hot streak lately though, so hopefully not. Thanks again.

bread's done
Back