need some jean d' arc help

snowsquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I am not a real rpg player. I have only played a few (2?) through to finish in my life. But I have got hooked on the tactical elements of this, and the slightly less than normal amount a japanese-cheese.

Anyway, unlocak Patay, and Altos Praire. The difficulty on those to maps is like 2 or 3 times harder than any map so far. I think the might have screwed up on the difficulty curve on this one.

So I am guess I am suppose to go around 'leveling up' now. Actually that doesn't bother me too much, as the game play is damn enjoyable. Though I am losing touch with story, as it takes a long time to advance when I have to redo battles.

Anyway, is there any items that will help me level up faster? Did you guys level everyone up evenly, or just your favourites? I am worried that if I don't level everyone up, that I may come across one of those battles that forces you to use certain characters.

Thanks in advance for the advice,
~S

is that the stage with the lady and the golems and the dragon and the flying things??

I jus unlocked that stage over the weekend (it appears when u begin chapter 3)

I read u cant beat that stage until your party is like lvl 30...

that is the one. I have done like 10 level-up battles, and will likley have to do another 10 to get my posse to 30. A bit of a design issue I think.

But supposedly there is a bonus exp I/II/III gems. But I haven't come across any yet.
~S

Altois Prairie is considered a "bonus" stage and is not necessary to progress the story. i did manage to finish it with my group in the upper 20's, i think......but you definitely have to take it slow and use multi-hit attacks. if you do get through it though, you get rewarded pretty well, and it makes the next section of the game a lot easier.

just remember NOT to save during that stage if you're not strong enough yet, or you'll have to start all over again from the beginning of the game.........

[quote name='EvyLou']attacks that can hit multiple squares (like sweep, etc)[/quote]

The best one I found was the damn Blizzard attack. It hist five squares. So that means a Dragon can get hit five times! I used the rest of my squad to defend/support my wizard (forgot old dude's name). To beat that mission early is worth it imo. You net some nice goodies. Plus everyone is going to get a huge EXP boost. After that level I managed to set the tone for the rest of the game. That tone being EASY.

I always spend lots of time leveling up!

Make sure you level up Jeanne's friend Liane (is that how you spell her name??) too, I totally ignored her, and suffered greatly for that..

[quote name='taz98spin']
Make sure you level up Jeanne's friend Liane (is that how you spell her name??) too, I totally ignored her, and suffered greatly for that..[/QUOTE]

Good to know.

The leveling up thing is getting old. All the 'free battle' stages are super easy to the point of being boring. I don't have a wizard yet either.

I don't have any old dude in my party yet.

I have been attacking the Qrow's first. I don't think I have even finished off those three things without dying yet. And the multi-hit attacks likely wouldn't hurt them. Swords often miss, as I have a couple at 28/29, but none at 30 yet.

I guess I'll have to level up some more... Is the such a thing as a bonux XP gem?

~S

bread's done
Back