Need some medical advice

Grave_Addiction

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
Okay, I hate going to the doctor unless it's something really serious, but my wife has been telling me to go for the past few days. I feel like total shit. I thought I'd tell you guys my symptoms and maybe someone knows what I have.

It all started about four or five days ago. I woke up with a stiff neck. The rest of the day it hurt, but that was it.

Then, a couple days ago, I woke up with the same stiffness in my neck, but I also had a really bad headache.

Now, I still have the neck stiffness and a headache, but I also feel really achey all over like when you have the flu and my right lung and back hurts like shit. It feels like I've been fat punched by a 350 pound fat guy. It hurts like shit when I take anything but short and shallow breaths, and if I walk more than a minute, it hurts, too.

I don't have a fever, and I haven't been doing that I could have injured myself in in anyway. My lung and back is the scary thing to me, though. I have no idea why it is hurting like it is. I dunno, maybe I'm being a pussy, but I'm hoping it's nothing, and I don't really wanna go to the doctor.

If anyone could possibly tell me what I might have and be serious about it, I'd be very appreciative.

For anything that involves your lungs go straight to the fucking doctor, you dont want to fuck with your lungs thats a delicate organ, also try not to think so much about the pain alot can be psychological.

I'm not a doctor but I did stay at the holiday Inn last night.

Really, you should get a checkup. You could have sore muscles or you could just have a stiff neck. which your back compensated for and got worn out. But if you;'re havoing trouble breating well, the last thing you should be doing is asking for advice from a gaming board. Arrange a doctors visit as soon as possible.

But since you asked I would ask if you have any welts. You're in TX so I don't know how common this is there, But Lyme disease is a big problem on the east coast and easily treatable with affordable antibiotics if caught early.

I agree with the Admiral. The first thing I thought of while reading your symptoms was Lyme disease. You're in a part of the country where Lyme is not common, but it's not impossible. Then again, the symptoms you describe could be anything from the flu to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome to mild ankylosing spondylitis.

I never heard of that last one either until just a few minutes ago when I was looking on WebMD. Here's a bit cut and pasted from that site: Pain, stiffness, and limited motion in the low back, middle back, hips, or neck. Pain tends to increase slowly over a period of weeks or months. Stiffness is usually worse in the morning. Pain and stiffness are often relieved by physical activity. Fatigue results from ongoing stiffness and pain.

In any event, I also agree with the other posters that you really should go see a doctor, no matter how much you don't like to do that. Problems with your back, neck, and lungs are not things to blow off. Bite the bullet and go get it diagnosed and treated.

I third tht, tht sounds alot like the symptoms of lyme disease. Look for a bullseye sized red mark on u and go to the doctor.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Okay, I hate going to the doctor unless it's something really serious, but my wife has been telling me to go for the past few days. I feel like total shit. I thought I'd tell you guys my symptoms and maybe someone knows what I have.

It all started about four or five days ago. I woke up with a stiff neck. The rest of the day it hurt, but that was it.

Then, a couple days ago, I woke up with the same stiffness in my neck, but I also had a really bad headache.

Now, I still have the neck stiffness and a headache, but I also feel really achey all over like when you have the flu and my right lung and back hurts like shit. It feels like I've been fat punched by a 350 pound fat guy. It hurts like shit when I take anything but short and shallow breaths, and if I walk more than a minute, it hurts, too.

I don't have a fever, and I haven't been doing that I could have injured myself in in anyway. My lung and back is the scary thing to me, though. I have no idea why it is hurting like it is. I dunno, maybe I'm being a pussy, but I'm hoping it's nothing, and I don't really wanna go to the doctor.

If anyone could possibly tell me what I might have and be serious about it, I'd be very appreciative.[/quote]

you been bit by a mosquito lately? could be the west nile virus

[quote name='BigNick']If I had my bong, I would let you toke till you choked.[/quote]

W0rd, he can borrow "one" of mine if he needs.

I'm actually a doctor (seriously, I'm currently in my 3rd year of neurology residency) and your symptoms do sound like aseptic meningitis. It's not usually serious but it's definitely worth getting checked out by you doctor or even consider going to the ER just to make sure it's not something like Lyme or West Nile. Any rashes or numbness or weakness anywhere? We don't want to lose any dedicated CAG'ers.

[quote name='dopa345']I'm actually a doctor (seriously, I'm currently in my 3rd year of neurology residency) and your symptoms do sound like aseptic meningitis. It's not usually serious but it's definitely worth getting checked out by you doctor or even consider going to the ER just to make sure it's not something like Lyme or West Nile. Any rashes or numbness or weakness anywhere? We don't want to lose any dedicated CAG'ers.[/quote]

Ohhhhhhhh shit. Okay, you have definitely scared my ass to going to the doctor.

I thought I had meningitis while I was in basic training, but I didn't tell anyone because I was afraid I'd get recycled. Yeah, I was a dumbass then, too.

[quote name='dopa345']I'm actually a doctor (seriously, I'm currently in my 3rd year of neurology residency) and your symptoms do sound like aseptic meningitis. It's not usually serious but it's definitely worth getting checked out by you doctor or even consider going to the ER just to make sure it's not something like Lyme or West Nile. Any rashes or numbness or weakness anywhere? We don't want to lose any dedicated CAG'ers.[/quote]

So would it be bad for a person on dilatin to be drinking large quantities of say, alcohol or Mt. Dew?

Why are there so many idiots in the military that are affraid to see Doc for any problems? Go see Doc ASAP and start getting this documented. Atleast if any problems persist when you get out you have written records, which will most likely let you get a medical pension. That's free money. Better safe than sorry.

-Morpheus

[quote name='Morpheus']Why are there so many idiots in the military that are affraid to see Doc for any problems? Go see Doc ASAP and start getting this documented. Atleast if any problems persist when you get out you have written records, which will most likely let you get a medical pension. That's free money. Better safe than sorry.

-Morpheus[/quote]

I'm not afraid to see a doctor. I just wanted to know if anyone knew what I might be ill with to see if I wanted to go or not.

bread's done
Back