Need some sub-$50 earphone recommendations

I used to have those, I recently got some Sennheiser CX300's and they blow the sony's out of the water. The only down-side with the Sennheisers is that the cord is not that long (which in general is good) but they don't include an extension cord. I use the extension cord that came w/ my Sony's

Hrmm....weird though, looks like amazon is now charging $54 for them...I got mine from Amazon back in December (early Dec) for $37 w/ free shipping....maybe they will go down again in price. Looks like you can get them cheaper from other sellers on there...but I would be weary of that as there are alot of fake CX300 knock-offs.

Of all the places you can go to get a great sounding set of earphones, try radio shack!!!

Ultimate Ears 3 Super.fi for $49.99

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2523310&cp=&sr=1&origkw=ultimate+ears&kw=ultimate+ears&parentPage=search

These are the Super.fi Live version, not the Studio version like the Ultimate Ears website has...I don't think these are any bit different than the 3 Studio version, I just think it's a model name change so they don't have to price match anything. I bought a pair last week and they are AWESOME!!! I use a pair of Shure E2C's for my normal MP3 and PSP and these are crystal clear compared to my Shure's however if you want some deep bass the Shure's are way better than these...for clarity the UE win hands down. Plus these have the in ear and the wrap around the ear setup that I love....

Personally I would go with the JVC HAFX33 "Marshmallow's".

http://www.amazon.com/JVC-HAFX33-Marshmallow-Portable-headphones/dp/B000JMDSQM

I could only find the link to the green one's but there are different colors out.
Personally I find that if you are in the lower cost in-ear headphone market (I was), these were the best. My brother bought them and when I tried them out I was really surprised by the sound they put out and the low cost is what really makes them a great deal.

I have a set of blue Marshmallows. They're pretty good, but I'd like a little something with a little better quality and fit.

When I had my Zune 80 for a couple of days, I absolutely LOVED the fit of the Premium (corded) earphones that came with it. They weren't worth the $130+ premium over the Zune 30, though.

I'm considering the following right now:
UE Super.Fi 3 ($53.47)
Sennheiser CX300 ($54.98)
Denon AH-C351 ($53.49)
Phillips SHE9500 ($32.09)
Sony MDR-EX51 ($31.76)

I'm tempted to start at the bottom (the Phillips or Sony) and go from there. I could also go for the Zune ones that are around $40.

After a debacle at Wal-mart with the MDRs(website says price in-store, except it isn't), I decided to give the SHE9500s a try. Damn do they sound nice. Listening to some Thievery Corporation right now and it's sublime. Pretty good price, too.

I'll give these a go for a week or so before I decide. The previous Phillips I had were suprisingly good, and it's looking like these are more of the same. Crisp highs, very nice bass...overall I'm very pleased at first glance.

Also found another pair of buds for my Marshmallows, and now I can use those at the gym...perhaps. These 9500s might never leave my ears.

I'm going to have to tag this. I'll be in the market for new headphones soon. I can't stand how quickly the Apple headphones go to hell.

I had two pairs of Sony EX51s break on me. Supposedly there was a pretty widespread problem with that but I dunno if it's been fixed recently. But now I have the CX300s and they're awesome, except for the fact that the wire tangles easily.

edit: I also got the CX300s for under 40 so you might want to wait for a sale if you choose them.

bread's done
Back