Need suggestions for games for little kids...

chemical

CAGiversary!
I'm giving away a PC to someone that's going to be used to run some of that "Edutainment" software for some 3 to 7 year olds.

I'd like to get some and install it before I give it away, but I'm completely clueless as to what to pick up. Those Dora the Explorer interactive CDs? Anyone have suggestions?

[quote name='darthbudge']Get them Age of Empires 2. I learned a ton about history from that game. Like The Koreans and the Mayans fought over Texas![/QUOTE]

Cute.

[quote name='seen']Mathblaster, and Reading Rabbit, come to mind off the top of my head.[/quote]

Mathblaster is fun. I remember playing that back when I was like 7.

Also, the Jump Start games are educational but I remember having a blast playing them like a long time back.

Bookworm Deluxe is still available pretty cheap. Also, there is an older series called The Incredible Machine/Return of the Incredible Machine which is great for teaching mechanical principles/basic laws of physics. You can get them used off ebay & amazon for a few $s.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the helpful suggestions. Picked up a couple of the JumpStart and Putt-Putt CDs from Amazon marketplace. :bouncy:

Another vote for Math Blaster; but if we're going into the classics then I'm going to have to also recommend Where in Time/the World is Carmen Sandiego? Which can be picked up on ebay for literally cents and I'm honestly surprised no one mentioned Number Muncher (which can be picked up for free on Abandonware sites) for training in math, english, literature, history, and more.

bread's done
Back