Need suggestions on old PSOne titles

PsyClerk

CAGiversary!
I'm waxing nostalgic right now and I'm trying to increase my PSOne library without decreasing my wallet too much. Anyone have any suggestions for good PSOne games? You can click the link in my sig to see what games I already have.

I'm not interested in high dollar games like Suikoden, Intelligent Qube, etc. Stuff that can be had on the cheap. Like Philosoma, lesser known fighting games, Fade To Black, Nightmare Creatures, stuff like that.

Sorry I'm too lazy to check your list, but Project Overkill for PSX was an awesome game IMO. I have no idea if it's rare now or worth anything but I used to see it all the time for under $5. Definately worth picking up.

I actually own Fade to Balck, it's not that bad but the camera will knock you for a few loops.

As for others, what qualifies as cheap under $8 or so? Here's a few I can think of:
Die Hard Trilogy
Darkstalkers
Tobal No. 1
King of Fighters 99
Star Gladiator
Colony Wars (& CW: Vengence)
Fear Effect (but Retro Helix is often more $)
Broken Helix ( I kinda bought this only cuz Bruce Campbell doe the voice, but it isn't that bad of a game)

I'll put some more up if I think of any.

I noticed you have Jumping Flash 1 and 2 which are chock full of nostalgia. Anyway, I can only think of one game, my favorite...

Trap Gunner!

Off the top of my head, I can think of:
Croc
Croc 2
Time Crisis
Ridge Racer
Theme Park
Theme Hospital
Crash Bandicoot
Armored Core
Die Hard Triology
Driver
Driver 2

Cheap is $10-$15, or less.

Tobal No. 1, no interest. Played it when it first came out, didn't like it. Same for Driver (was ok, but too difficult).

Colony Wars...good suggestion, always heard good things about it but never tried it. Same for Die Hard Trilogy and Armored Core. Will look into Trap Gunner.

Any more?

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm looking for older games for PS1. How bought these:

Herc's Adventure
Return Fire
Lemmings 3D
Norse by Norsewest

Just a couple of odd balls that don't cost to much.

well 10-15 changes things, I cna think of some more:

Brave Fencer Musahi
Medal of Honor (1 & 2)
Parasite Eve
Bushido Blade
Wu-Tang Shaolin Style
Soul Reaver

Uh thats all i got for now

Return Fire was a great game, traded that away a long time ago. Was thinking of that recently, it had a great classical soundtrack.

LOL I posted Brave Fencer Musashi as one of the worst games I had played. Bushido Blade and Parasite Eve have possibilities though...

Xenogears and FF Chronicles and Anthologies are both cheap enough now. I'd recommend Fear Effect 2 also, I got it at CC a month ago for $10

I wanted so much to enjoy Bushido Blade, but just couldn't. I certainly second Symphony of the Night; that's a great title which has stood the test of time. You mentioned Philosoma, Psyclerk..I still haven't beaten that, myself. :p If you are a fan of racers (and I am also too lazy to check your list of owned games,) WipeOut XL was a great title, as well.

If you're into rhythm games at all, grab a copy of Parappa the Rapper and Um Jammer Lammy. Lammy in particular is a fantastic (and, unfortuantly, ignored) game that you can get on ebay for only a few bucks.

-Matt

:cry:

I used to have so many of the games that have been mentioned. Castlevania, Parappa, Um Jammer Lammy, Silent Hill...

I just bought the first Deception today. Any good? I'm going to look into Alundra, Wild Arms (have part 2), and Rival Schools next.

bread's done
Back