Need Xbox 360 console deals

Indiana

CAGiversary!
Well my 2nd Xbox 360 died so I'm in the market for a new one. I'm thinking I only need a 4 gig console since I should be able to reuse my 250 gig hard drive from the white console.

Does anyone have any recommended deals? It looks like I missed the free controller from Best Buy that just ended. :(

Also is the buy.com slim hard drive case good? Does Fry's sell these as well?

Start watching the Amazon Warehouse Deals thread. You can buy the "Used - Like New" consoles and many times they are new they just have a messed up box or have been opened once.

Do the consoles go on sale every few weeks in store now? It seems like the PS3 or Xbox have been with a gift card for awhile now. Unfortunately this week is 3DS and PS3 week.

It looks like Best Buy is going to be the place to get a replacment console on Sunday. I wonder if any other store will offer a deal as well on Sunday.

IATCG is right. Spending less now is always better than getting a gift card that makes you come back to that store.

Again, check out AWD for an Xbox.

Wouldn't you rather get the Xbox for $50 off and be able to spend that money anywhere you please?

You won't be able to use your old hard drive, the old snap-on ones are incompatible, the new Xbox's have internal, but removable, hard drives that are totally different

I've seen plenty of tutorials on you tube on how to swap your old hard drive to the new slim xbox. : ) It's not that hard. I'll probably do it when mine red rings.lol

Sorry to sort of ask in someone else's thread, but I have the same problem and didn't feel as though it required a new topic. I just got the RROD for the second time today after using my first refurbished unit for 2.5 years and I'm out of warranty. I'm not going to pay $100 for Microsoft to fix it and give me the same old-type console unit.

OP, there is currently a $50 amazon gift card included when you buy the Kinect Ready 4GB Xbox 360 Slim on Amazon ($200). Yes, it is sort credit, but it is Amazon, so the selection is much more diverse. I think I'm going to go with that.

Does anyone know any good places to sell the RROD'ed Xbox 360, besides eBay? Hoping to make up the cash buy selling the old console and my wireless adapter. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

[quote name='The 7th Number']why dont people call MS and buy a 27 dollar 1 year warranty extension? I do it every year and never had to buy a new 360 yet.[/QUOTE]

To be honest, I didn't know about that. My console is the old one that doesn't even have an HDMI port. When my first one failed in the summer of 2007 I did get a refurb under warranty in summer 2008. This one was another old unit again with no HDMI, despite the fact that HDMI had become the norm at the time on all models selling summer 2008.

I'm pretty sure they give you the same type of unit you give them, as this saves them money. Now that it is 2011, I don't want to get the same type of unit with an old motherboard (no HDMI out), inadequate cooling, higher power consumption, no built-in wi-fi etc.

But you are right, in the long run that is the cheaper and safer option. Thanks for the information. I will surely be doing this from now on with my newer console.

bread's done
Back