Needed: Original MSRP listings for Xbox, PS2, and GameCube

A Murder of Crows

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Hey all

This may be totally the wrong place to ask for this, but I'm desperate.

Nearly all my games and HD-DVD's were stolen from my home, along with my DS, all it's games, and my psp. The police have asked me to compile a list of everything that was stolen, including approximate cost to replace.

For anything that is in print, such as my Xbox 360 games, this will be easy. However, for anything is out of print, this will be very very difficult as finding stores selling new games to replace the ones taken will be next to impossible.

My local GameCrazy is going to help me by providing me a price list of the games i'm missing based on the same game brand new in their store, however many of the Original Xbox games just simply aren't there. Also, Finding HD-DVD MSRPs isn't exactly easy either.

Can anyone assist?

Amazon.com and half.com have "List Price" which seems to be just msrp, i dont know if that helps, but if you search for the item they do show a list price.

There is a different between MSRP for a new game and the cost to replace out of print games. If you are looking for cost to replace: eBay, Gamestop, Gamecrazy, Amazon, etc should have games available for purchase that will show the approximate replacement cost. If you are looking for original prices as your post said, unless the game was something like Eye of the Beholder or a DDR with mat included set, I think $49.99 would be a good guesstimate for most games on Xbox, PS2, and Gamecube.

Also, look at Chase the Chuckwagon, Rarity Guide, and Game and Save. They either sell used games or have boards that discuss the price of used games.

[quote name='MerelyBroken']There is a different between MSRP for a new game and the cost to replace out of print games. If you are looking for cost to replace: eBay, Gamestop, Gamecrazy, Amazon, etc should have games available for purchase that will show the approximate replacement cost. If you are looking for original prices as your post said, unless the game was something like Eye of the Beholder or a DDR with mat included set, I think $49.99 would be a good guesstimate for most games on Xbox, PS2, and Gamecube.[/quote]

Hey all! Thanks for all the responses.

To reply directly to this comment, i've been asked for both replacement cost and MSRP. The Police want to charge the person with the higher of all the prices it seems. The insurance want to know what it will cost to replace. As a result, i'm doing both. I'm trying to remain as accurate on this as possible, and quite a few of my games were bought within 1 month of launch, so my basis prices have been as follows:

1. MSRP at Launch
2. MSRP currently for a brand new copy of same game, same edition
3. Replacement cost for games that are out of print that are at least in excellent to mint condition, if option 2 isn't available

Thanks for all the help!

IGN has MSRP listed for games. Search for the game and go to its page and scroll down a little bit. I'm not sure if they are always up to date necessarily, but they list something.

I think for insurance purposes you could just put information vaguely regarding price (they'll do the math with depreciation and all). Damn sucks to hear what happened...and I seriously doubt insurance company will pay extra for hard to find game (in case you have Marvel vs Capcom 2 sealed for xbox or something).

The insurance will give you like about half (after deductibles) of the total items stolen; if you want to get the rest I believe you'll have to send in your receipts.

bread's done
Back