Neo Geo and TurboGrafx 16/PCengine games confirmed for PSP

FroMann

CAGiversary!
Update your PSP to the newest firmware and look at the two new game folders. NEOGEO and PCengine. How long till we see these games on PSN?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='62t']PC engine is the Japanese name for TurboGrafx 16[/QUOTE]
Ah, Makes sense now. Gonna change title then.

I just hope the PSP can handle the emulation correctly. From what we've seen so far of some SNK ports (I'm looking at you, Metal Slug), it will be interesting.

PC Engine games run flawlessly, based off the already released Japanese PSN store titles. Neo Geo is probably trickier but at its core, the basic Neo Geo MVS is about twenty years old.

Er, just because it's in the firmware doesn't mean it's confirmed. PC-Engine has apparently been in it for ages and nothing ever happened.

Ditto with camera support. After what, 3 years of there being a camera folder in the pictures section, it's finally going to be released in NA later this year (I guess) with Eyepet/Invizimals.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I just hope the PSP can handle the emulation correctly. From what we've seen so far of some SNK ports (I'm looking at you, Metal Slug), it will be interesting.[/QUOTE]

so those neo geo collections arent any good ( the kof, metal slug, samurai showdown)?

I would love to see a TurboGraphix Cadash emulation. Heck, I would be elated to see a Cosmic Fantasy (preferably 2) conversion.

[quote name='lokizz']so those neo geo collections arent any good ( the kof, metal slug, samurai showdown)?[/QUOTE]

I've noticed major slowdown on the metal slug version. That's why I'm skeptical here.

Yes, and that KOF Orochi Saga had audio glitches, round start delay, and I can't really remember how the load times were... The game itself really wasn't that bad, I just couldn't play too good with that D-pad.

thanks for the info on those neo geo collections i was about pul buy all 3 from gamestop but if those 2 are messed up i guess its safe to guess the samurai showdown one has issues too.damn shame id love to have most of the neo geo library in portable form.

bread's done
Back