NEOGEO BATTLE COLISEUM $14 @ deepdiscount

It must be buried somewhere. Maybe I should get it from DD too.
[quote name='TFN']repost from like, 5 months ago.[/quote]

hey so did this really come out already? I swore i ordered it months ago but not sure from what site lol. Thanks guys

Mine hasn't, and I hate to say it, because I love buying DVDs from DD, but anyone that wants this game now should probably not get it at DD. I've had this on preorder for a couple of months at this point, and mine hasn't shipped. Worse, my copy of King of Fighters XI hasn't shipped either. The available date just keeps getting pushed back. It's a great deal, but I'm about to cancel and just order through Amazon instead.

I've had this and King of Fighter XI pre-ordered since the 9th of november, my order is still under "processing" and both items say preorder in my order history. I have a feeling I'm going to get screwed on this.

I'm generally not a huge fighter fan but I guess partial nostalgia for playing neogeo in the arcades of my youth caused me to pick it up. $13.99 and free shipping not too bad of a deal.

I don't even own a PS2, but for that price and the premise of fighting with old school SNK characters, it's too hard to pass up. Metal Slug FTW!

[quote name='shouamabane']I've read that the PS3 cuts the loading times in half. Can someone confirm?[/quote]

I've heard that too, It just came and I will try it out tonight! What a surprise as I totally forgot where i ordered it from and what address it was sent to lol. :bouncy:

I have the game and played it using a ps3. The loading that the review complains about is nothing that I've noticed. They say it takes about 10 seconds to load between matches but I don't notice it and say it only takes like maybe 2-3 seconds.

I'm going to try and pick this up at Kmart, but I have a stupid question - is it possible the reviewer was using the fat PS2 on that review? I've noticed that on other games that complain of load times, that the slim PS2 (which I have) is a bit faster than what was stated in reviews...

Either way, I don't care. I just want Samurai Shodown Characters...

Gotta love SNK Playmore's wonderful distribution. Haven't seen this one anywhere, including 2 K-Marts, 3 Gamestops, a Best Buy, and a Wal-Mart that I stopped at this afternoon. I guess I might have to just order online :???:

[quote name='spmahn']Gotta love SNK Playmore's wonderful distribution. Haven't seen this one anywhere, including 2 K-Marts, 3 Gamestops, a Best Buy, and a Wal-Mart that I stopped at this afternoon. I guess I might have to just order online :???:[/quote]

Check TRU I had seen multiple copies there!!

Reporting back...I found a single copy at one Kmart, and it wasn't even in the electronics section! It was in the big Christmas Gifts (seasonal) area, on a square pallet display, and it's labeled as a 'front row game' (meaning it has a generic big white label that says $9.99, and a barcode sticker over the original UPC, and rings up as a generic "Video Game"). Also of note, that makes 3 seperate places in this Kmart where games are - there's the 'regular' lock up, then there's a bargain section near the CDs and DVDs, and now this display, which is sometimes on an endcap.

To answer my earlier question - it seems as if the time between matches is about 4-6 seconds of load on the Slim PS2 (US-NTSC). Not that I'm thrilled with that, but I also see no problem with it.

However, this game, once again, reaffirms my hatred for the Sony controllers when playing fighting games. I really need to pick up one of the Street Fighter pads or a stick one of these days. (provided I can find one cheap!)

For those having an issue, I drive by another Kmart on Friday mornings, so I'll check and see if I can find another copy at that one...

[quote name='Ronin317']
However, this game, once again, reaffirms my hatred for the Sony controllers when playing fighting games. I really need to pick up one of the Street Fighter pads or a stick one of these days. (provided I can find one cheap!)
[/quote]

lol try playing a fighter on the 360...

I was in Game Crazy last week looking for a used copy of Tekken 5 and the guy told me to wait a sec. and he comes from the back room with a Limited Edition Tekken 5 Bundle. (Includes a very nice arcade stick and a copy of T5) There was a dust covered sticker on it that said $69.99. He scanned it and it came up as $29.99! :bouncy: I have been toying around with the idea of going to pick up a second one and build some kind of PS2 Arcade Cabinet. Anyway it is very nice for KOF XI and hopefully NGBC as I have it coming in the mail.

[quote name='toneroni']lol try playing a fighter on the 360...[/quote]

I actually think the 360 controller is better. Not that it's great for, say, Street Fighter Anniversary or Guilty Gear, but it's badass for Soul Calibur...

[quote name='toneroni']lol try playing a fighter on the 360...[/QUOTE]

What's sad is that I conditioned myself to do buffer 720's (and pull them off most of the time) but can't do fireball motions half the time.

I've heard rumors that Playmore took out the Progressive Scan capability for the US release, can anyone confirm if this is true ?

According to the Fire-Pro Wrestling Thread, this is now Front-Lane at Best Buy too, for $9.99. However, if the BBs around you are like they are here, it's a needle in a haystack venture...

[quote name='Ronin317']According to the Fire-Pro Wrestling Thread, this is now Front-Lane at Best Buy too, for $9.99. However, if the BBs around you are like they are here, it's a needle in a haystack venture...[/QUOTE]

Yep found Fire Pro, NGBC, & KOF XI at Best Buy today for $9.99 each. They all were on display in front of the video game section. They all had generic 9.99 stickers on the front and generic UPCs on the back. All 3 rang up the same, Frontlane

Yep, my order shipped on friday. Hmmm, I should have used $1 extra at amazon. I have amazon prime.
[quote name='shouamabane']DeepDiscount finally charged me, but my order status is still "Processing".[/quote]

[quote name='okonkwo']Yeah, looks like a good deal, but at least one review is giving the thumbs down bc of long load times:

http://www.ntsc-uk.com/review.php?platform=ps2&game=NeoGeoBattleColiseum

That kills the deal for me -but others might not mind.[/quote]

Sorry for the bump - this game's first printing in Japan suffered from some very long load times, but that was fixed in later rereleases. Europe got the fixed version, but didn't get Progressive Scan. So SNKP must've ported the Euro release back to NTSC.

I've been playing the game and all I have are two to three second load times between rounds (in Arcade Mode). That is it. Everything else is peachy-keen.

I really recommend this game, even if I can't beat that goddamn Mizuchi...

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']I really recommend this game, even if I can't beat that goddamn Mizuchi...[/quote]

In Arcade Mode, save the "1/4 opponent life bar" perk for that battle, use it after you lose the first time, and presto! 2 medium attacks and you win.

bread's done
Back