NEOGEO X GOLD Limited Edition $129.99 on Amazon

[quote name='x1Bocephus1x']5 separate game packs are coming out this week. See Amazon[/QUOTE]

Delayed to May according to Tommo. GameStop is saying August.

[quote name='smallsharkbigbite']Is there controller lag when it's docked? That was one of the things I've heard and would be my biggest holdup to getting something like this.[/QUOTE]

I've never noticed any controller lag.

Regarding new game cards:
We have just had confirmation that the additional NEOGEO X joysticks and additional NEOGEO X game packs will now be with available in May.

This is a slight delay over the expected release date of April, however, they have assured us this is with good reason regarding the quality and design of the packaging for the games and the production process with the controllers.

We would like to apologise to anyone who has currently pre-ordered either of these items and we will strive to get these to you as soon as possible.
from: http://www.funstock.co.uk/news/neogeo-x-games-and-additional-joysticks-expected-in-may/

Also, posted on Neo Geo X Facebook last friday:
Hi Everyone!

I know many of you are disappointed about the the delay of the NEOGEO X Game Cards, and for that, the team here at NEOGEO X deeply apologizes.

We are still yet unable to show you guys the cover art for the new game cards but what I CAN tell you that they will not be in cardboard blister packs!

It's nice to know they wont be in blister packs.

[quote name='Blackshear']I've never noticed any controller lag.

Regarding new game cards:
from: http://www.funstock.co.uk/news/neogeo-x-games-and-additional-joysticks-expected-in-may/

Also, posted on Neo Geo X Facebook last friday:

It's nice to know they wont be in blister packs.[/QUOTE]

I use the NGX controller with PS3 Neo Geo Station games and it seems to work great. I think the replica arcade stick, while not as heavy as some better sticks, isn't bad at all.

Also, way back when they were preparing to release the NGX, I sent Tommo an email suggesting that if they made future games for the system, they should consider using mini clamshell cases, similar to PS Vita retail games, but with AES artwork and screenshots on the inserts. Maybe they're going this route? Would be nice!

I'm a huge NeoGeo fan and I supported this with a release purchase. I have such buyers remorse with it though. I can not get it to work on my tv unless its HDMI (no hdmi on the TV I have available to play it on), lack of save states make regular emulation more desirable to play, and the games released (so far) are all ones I have on multiple formats already (including the original AES.)

I am really hoping they release games like 8-Man, Kinzuna Encounter, and other, lesser known, games. I'd pay a small fortune if they finally get Samurai Shodown RPG ported and translated.

I will admit, I am pleased with the $25 price point for the Classics Volumes though.

Yeah, they should really go for the lesser known titles if possible. I'd be ecstatic if Money Puzzle Exchanger was on one of the cards.

[quote name='bojay1997']Delayed to May according to Tommo. GameStop is saying August.[/QUOTE]

Well isnt that special. News to me. Lol

It's a nice system. Will the system update add save states? That's the only real problem I see when I read about it. Most of the rest of the complaints are either unintelligent or piracy-oriented.

[quote name='Banana Peel Assassin']...all this talk about NeoGeo AES/MVS...

AES/MVS < NeoGeo Pocket < Atomiswave

...nuff said.[/QUOTE]

I lol'd so hard at this. Imo Ngpc had a few gems but overall was mediorce. Atomiswave had what like 5 snk game and just over 20 game overall before it got canned. Aes/Mvs has the best games by far.

Finally got around to checking out Ninja Masters this morning. It seems pretty cool for a fighting game but I still like Samurai Shodown 2 and Fatal Fury better; although I assumed (and kind of wished) it was a glorious Neo Geo beat 'em up by the name and the cover art for the game. I am totally oblivious to this game as I never heard of it before until the Neogeo X was released. Was this a game that was released in the arcades on the Neo Geo? Or was it made specifically for the Neo Geo X? Was it released on the AES console too? Also, what are other's thoughts on the game? Do you like it? Hate it? Or in-between?

[quote name='Banana Peel Assassin']...all this talk about NeoGeo AES/MVS...

AES/MVS < NeoGeo Pocket < Atomiswave

...nuff said.[/QUOTE]

No offense, but the Neo Geo Pocket was junk; I still have mine and some games for it, but it was much worse than the GBA. Non-backlit screen plus almost no games released for it = fail.

Also its funny you think Atomiswave is better than the MVS/AES, a console that had over 100 games, many all-time classics. I think you got your arrows mixed up!

[quote name='icewolf74']Finally got around to checking out Ninja Masters this morning. It seems pretty cool for a fighting game but I still like Samurai Shodown 2 and Fatal Fury better; although I assumed (and kind of wished) it was a glorious Neo Geo beat 'em up by the name and the cover art for the game. I am totally oblivious to this game as I never heard of it before until the Neogeo X was released. Was this a game that was released in the arcades on the Neo Geo? Or was it made specifically for the Neo Geo X? Was it released on the AES console too? Also, what are other's thoughts on the game? Do you like it? Hate it? Or in-between?[/QUOTE]

Ninja Master's was a rare game that didn't get wide distribution, but it did get released for both the AES (home) and MVS (arcade) Neo Geo systems. It is rare on the AES and commands very high prices. It isn't as polished as Samurai Shodown, but in my opinion its an excellent little gem of a fighting game that was sadly overlooked.

[quote name='icewolf74']Was this a game that was released in the arcades on the Neo Geo? Or was it made specifically for the Neo Geo X? Was it released on the AES console too?[/QUOTE]

It's one of the rarer titles for the system. There's AES, MVS (arcade), & CD versions of the game. A US AES version recently sold for over $1500 on eBay.

[quote name='Blackshear']I've supported it by coming on this forum to tell people out there the thing is worth getting if your into this kind of thing.. something I would not have been able to do had I not purchased the system

In addition I also plan on buying new game cards on amazon, does that allow me to say I support Neo Geo X :roll: ? lol [/QUOTE]

Buying used + "will be" buying new game cards does not really equal "supporting the system", but whatever floats your boat. I think you're annoyed because you got called on bragging a bit self-righteously about supporting a system that you had in fact bought second hand for half of retail.

Contrast with this guy below...

[quote name='KneeKnee']I'm a huge NeoGeo fan and I supported this with a release purchase.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='chimpmeister']No offense, but the Neo Geo Pocket was junk; I still have mine and some games for it, but it was much worse than the GBA. Non-backlit screen plus almost no games released for it = fail.

Also its funny you think Atomiswave is better than the MVS/AES, a console that had over 100 games, many all-time classics. I think you got your arrows mixed up![/QUOTE]

I agree. I owned the NGP hoping to recapture the Neo Geo in all of its glory but at a cheaper price of the AES console, but it just wasn't the same. When putting the Neo Geo X side-by-side with the NGP, the Neo Geo X blows away the NGP by a HUGE margin.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Ninja Master's was a rare game that didn't get wide distribution, but it did get released for both the AES (home) and MVS (arcade) Neo Geo systems. It is rare on the AES and commands very high prices. It isn't as polished as Samurai Shodown, but in my opinion its an excellent little gem of a fighting game that was sadly overlooked.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for the information. That's crazy how rare it is, as another guy put it, it sells for $1500 dollars. Geez!! Glad I finally got to play it and see what it is all about without it putting me into bankruptcy. :lol:

[quote name='icewolf74']Finally got around to checking out Ninja Masters this morning. It seems pretty cool for a fighting game but I still like Samurai Shodown 2 and Fatal Fury better; although I assumed (and kind of wished) it was a glorious Neo Geo beat 'em up by the name and the cover art for the game. I am totally oblivious to this game as I never heard of it before until the Neogeo X was released. Was this a game that was released in the arcades on the Neo Geo? Or was it made specifically for the Neo Geo X? Was it released on the AES console too? Also, what are other's thoughts on the game? Do you like it? Hate it? Or in-between?[/QUOTE]

I have it for Neo Cd and its a capable fighter. Played it a little on the NGX. Not broken, nothing special. Nothing compares to Samurai Shodown 2 though. I don't think there was ever a finer 2d fighter released. Sure, Street Fighter 2, MOTW, and even Last Blade 2 are incredible, but SS2 just did everything right. (with the minor exception of some Engrish....:))

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Purkeynator']Isn't the first card release with charger cable and firmware update out this week?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Amazon now has it listed for May 30th. Gamestop is still saying August and they haven't even opened up pre-orders yet. The handheld only version of the system also got pushed to August per Gamestop.

[quote name='chimpmeister']No offense, but the Neo Geo Pocket was junk; I still have mine and some games for it, but it was much worse than the GBA. Non-backlit screen plus almost no games released for it = fail.[/QUOTE]

The Neo Geo Pocket Color was released in 1999, only one year after the GameBoy Color. At that time, backlit screens hadn't become a standard yet (although it would've been nice). For 1999, the NGPC was a very capable little system. It boasted an impressive lineup of fighting games, generally charming art styles, and two completely excellent SNK vs. Capcom titles - one of which is a card game. Point: let's not bash a system out of context.

[quote name='eastx']The Neo Geo Pocket Color was released in 1999, only one year after the GameBoy Color. At that time, backlit screens hadn't become a standard yet (although it would've been nice). For 1999, the NGPC was a very capable little system. It boasted an impressive lineup of fighting games, generally charming art styles, and two completely excellent SNK vs. Capcom titles - one of which is a card game. Point: let's not bash a system out of context.[/QUOTE]

Well in Chimpmeister's defense, he was just defending the Neo Geo Gold X console due to the guy he quoted above who was bashing it saying that the Neo Geo Pocket was a better system out of the two. So technically his reply was not out of context.

[quote name='eastx']The Neo Geo Pocket Color was released in 1999, only one year after the GameBoy Color. At that time, backlit screens hadn't become a standard yet (although it would've been nice). For 1999, the NGPC was a very capable little system. It boasted an impressive lineup of fighting games, generally charming art styles, and two completely excellent SNK vs. Capcom titles - one of which is a card game. Point: let's not bash a system out of context.[/QUOTE]

Nice post. The NGPC was killed by its lack of 3rd party support. Aside from the Sonic game, I cant think of anything that wasnt made by SNK or ADK. It was never embraced by retail stores either, sadly.

EDIT: Looking at my collection, I see Activision had a Shanghai game, a company called YUMEKOBO released Puzzle Link and Biomotor Unitron and a company called Sacnoth released Dive Alert Matt's Version and Becky's Version (Though that game was terrible.)

Card Fighters Clash remains one of my top 5 favorite games of all time. Samurai Shodown 2, Match of the Millennium, King of Fighters R2, and Fatal Fury First Contact are all very solid fighting games. I never managed to get Last Blade (DAMNIT!) And I only recently found Gals Fighter, which I played and finished only once. (the end boss is spectacular though!:D )

The System had a solid Golf, Soccer, and a baseball game. Actually the soccer game is excellent if you're into soccer... And you can't forget about two amazing versions of Metal Slug.

I find it difficult to knock the NGP. It was clearly niche, and unfortunately didn't have enough support, or longevity, but it remains one of my most appreciated handhelds ever. Now, to get Faseli!

[quote name='dandragonrage']I wouldn't buy this thing for $29.99 (and not because I don't like Neo Geo).[/QUOTE]

Then kindly move along.

[quote name='icewolf74']You're obviously not the target audience for the Neo Geo X if you are comparing the purchase price to the 3DS. This is meant for old school gamers or people who enjoy the golden age of gaming and want to relive it. Hell, you can buy almost anything else for 130 dollars. Why just stop at the 3DS? You can buy an Xbox360, PSP, PS3, etc for that price too. :roll:[/QUOTE]
Haha,thats a little bit of being a dick by saying I'm not obviously the targeted audience just because I compared the price to a 3DS and then saying its meant for old school gamers or people who enjoy retro.I find this funny coming from someone who has probably never even played Atari ;).

I'm just saying I believe there will be at least one more drop price as I don't think the market will buy them all at 130$ as they would not buy them at 200$.Comparing it to the 3DS just for the handheld part of it and at a similar price range and getting stronger hardware for it.I'm thinking it'll be discounted one more time

[quote name='dandragonrage']I wouldn't buy this thing for $29.99 (and not because I don't like Neo Geo).[/QUOTE]

I would kindly buy any number of these things that you could produce for $29.99, as I could easily sell them all for twice the price.

[quote name='icewolf74']You're obviously not the target audience for the Neo Geo X if you are comparing the purchase price to the 3DS. This is meant for old school gamers or people who enjoy the golden age of gaming and want to relive it. Hell, you can buy almost anything else for 130 dollars. Why just stop at the 3DS? You can buy an Xbox360, PSP, PS3, etc for that price too. :roll:[/QUOTE]
Believe it or not you can still be the target audience being an old school gamer and and thinking theres more value in something more current.Shocking isn't it ;)?I was comparing it to the price of a 3DS with the handheld competent and similar price ranges and it having stronger hardware.I'm just saying,when talking about the market, there was a reason people didn't seem to snag this up at 200$,which was why there was a big discount to 130$ and I'm not so sure if the market is there at 130$ either and although a good deal,just seems like there might be one more price drop down the road.Hope that clears it up so you can understand :lol:.

bread's done
Back