Nerdy game characters

Erad30

CAGiversary!
So I was thinking for a blog post I could do something like best nerds in video games, being game characters that are nerds/geeks. I'm having trouble coming up with a decent size list though (I'd like at least 10 to choose from, but the bigger the list the better). Here's what I have so far:

Scott Pilgrim
Bernard Bernoulli (Maniac Mansion)
Guybrush Threepwood
Jeff (Earthbound)
Travis Touchdown

And that's pretty much it so far, can my fellow cheapasses help me out compiling a list? Thanks much in advance. Assuming this goes well the post would be up later this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='62t']you left out Otacon[/QUOTE]

Yeah, not really a fan of the Metal Gear series, so I wouldn't know his character all that well.

Scott Pilgrim is regarded more as a comic book character rather than a video game character. I wouldn't include him. Besides if you open that box then you can include characters like Peter Parker and Egon Spengler from Ghostbusters. I would however include Otacon. He was the first character I thought of. In fact he'd probably top the list.

But off the top off my head how about:
Area (Street Fighter EX3)
Pete (Powerstone 2)
Momo (Breath of Fire III)
Apple (Suikoden I & II)
Vivi (FFIX)

So, pretty much definition of nerdy is: smart, socially awkward & glasses.

[quote name='darkcecil32']Lucca from Chrono Trigger (when I was 8 years old and playing CT for the first time, I renamed her character Nerdy =])[/QUOTE]

That's my favorite game and I didn't even think of her.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Cloud Strife. Yeah, he's a fucking nerd. Deal with it.[/QUOTE]

He's a tool, not a nerd.

[quote name='2DMention']YOu'd think there'd be more nerd characters in games.[/QUOTE]

Why? We play games to escape from reality. To have a fantasy experience. We don't want to be confronted with our own horribly reality.

Lester the Unlikely from.....Lester the Unlikely

1zup3r.jpg

Yeah, I forgot about .hack, only played through the first game, got kinda bored with the second.

[quote name='dannyox718']Gordon Freeman. just look at his glasses[/QUOTE]

Gordon freeman isnt a nerd. Why because he wears glasses? Thats stupid. Yeah he is a scientist, but dont exactly see many nerds having good looking women after them or travelling to other worlds and killing giant space monsters in the stereotypical sense. Besides we dont know that he is a nerd since he never speaks and we dont know anything about him (or even what the hell the series is about aside from aliens want to kill us).

[quote name='gargus']Gordon freeman isnt a nerd. Why because he wears glasses? Thats stupid. Yeah he is a scientist, but dont exactly see many nerds having good looking women after them or travelling to other worlds and killing giant space monsters in the stereotypical sense. Besides we dont know that he is a nerd since he never speaks and we dont know anything about him (or even what the hell the series is about aside from aliens want to kill us).[/QUOTE]

Also the entire cast of Persona 4. They have glasses.

Jiro from Blue Dragon
Eugene from Infinite Undiscovery
Sarah from Lost Odyssey
Frederick from Eternal Sonata
Rita from Tales of Vesperia

lol.

[quote name='gargus']Gordon freeman isnt a nerd. Why because he wears glasses? Thats stupid. Yeah he is a scientist, but dont exactly see many nerds having good looking women after them or travelling to other worlds and killing giant space monsters in the stereotypical sense. Besides we dont know that he is a nerd since he never speaks and we dont know anything about him (or even what the hell the series is about aside from aliens want to kill us).[/QUOTE]

Gordon is a nerd. He's too interested in teleporting over all creation and weaponizing alien gonads. Duke Nukem would be boning Alyx before they got to the trick soda machine.

Lester from Lester the Unlikely. Hands down. Nobody else compares.

bread's done
Back