NES + 15 games for $50 - yay or nay?

thatstoobad

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
ok, i feel totally lame posting a question like this because it makes me feel like some clueless noob, but whatever. today i was offered a front loading NES system, two controllers, light gun, all the hook ups, and 15 games for $50. i told the person that i was interested, and will be seeing them on sunday about it. the only games i recall him mentioning were skate or die, mario 3 and mega man 4. and yes, i'm going to make sure it works before i pay for it.

should i buy it or no?

and if you are wondering why i don't already have an NES, it's because i traded it in to funcoland many years ago to get a super nintendo. so my copies of mario, mario 3, double dare, skate or die, monster party, pro wrestling, and many more fun games were gone, and instead i had a lean mean 16-bit machine.

oh, and my friend (not the person selling me the system) said he would give me his extra copy of maniac mansion if i bought the system.

so yeah, tell me what you guys think. or just answer the poll, that works, too.

I think the games that you'd get make or break this deal, find out what all the games are and price them on ebay, if they come out to close to 30-40$ then it's a good deal. Maniac Mansion is awesome by the way!

well you could use $50 on one modern/new game that might not last as long as 15 games, plus if you want nostalgia then an NES is the place to be

[quote name='trustcompany1013']do you listen to out to lunch? (a radio program)[/quote]

no, i've never heard of that. i don't believe they have that show over here (detroit). why?

definintely get that, i'd say the system and accessories themselves are worth about $25, and any 15 games should be worth $25 or more.

Sounds really good, but the games make or break this deal. If there are any games in there that are good, get it (SMB, MM, RCR)...

At first I thought you said top loading, and I was thinking your crazy for not picking that up. But regular NES with games for 50$ isnt that great unless your getting quality games.

Don't buy it until you find out if there are any really good (valuable) games in there [on top of MM4]. Chances are, you aren't dying to have all 15 of those games, and you can easily find an NES at a yard sale for $10. Just go yard sailing one day, and only buy the games that you want.

If there are some games that fetch teh cash on eBay, ignore the above paragraph and go for it.

I would rather get a recent system :D
But if you wanted a nintendo and some games for it, then that sounds like a great deal.

I say go for it. SMB3 is a good game along with MM4. Even though it's not part of the deal MM is an awesome game, try to get that from your friend even if you don't get this NES.

I think you'll definitely have $50 worth of fun from it, easily. Even with just SMB3 and MM4. Hours of entertainment right there. Plus whatever other games you get.

Where I live its impossible to find any NES below 50 dollars - front or top loading. Its cheaper to get a snes. If you love the NES and it works, then get it.

I have two NES and neither of them will turn on, I think its the adapter but I've tried two and neither work...Its depressing to have Little Nemo and Dragon Warrior just sitting there not getting played.

[quote name='sying']I say no, but I also say that because I have 4 toploaders[/quote]

i was hoping to jesus the kid was going to say it was a top loader, but when i asked him he had no idea what i was talking about. i'm pretty sure he thought i was thinking of an snes, which frustrated me. either way, his ignorance of the subject leads me to believe that it is not a top loader. unfortunately for me.

bread's done
Back