NES 72 Pin Connector FREE from Nintendo

LV-426RS

CAGiversary!
Call 1-800-422-2602 and go through the button pushing process to get to the NES hardwarre troubleshooters. I just told them that "I had a NES and have owned it for years and it keeps giving me a blinking screen, I heard you guys are shipping out free replacement 72 pin connectors." He checked inventory to see if they had any and they did. He made it sound as if supplies were limited.

Please leave these for the people who really need them!

*EDIT* Thanks goes out to these guys, it's where I found it. http://forums.atari.net/viewtopic.php?p=6863

I just got my confirmation e-mail with order tracking #. Sweet, and to think I was gonna pay over 10 bucks for one of these (after shipping).

I paid 8.50 for mine when I got it off Ebay. It was worth it although I still need to replace all the screws I still have loose, and lossen the deck as its hard to pull the game ou

I fixed my own NES. It was simple. Opened it up. Took screwdriver. Bent pins back so game was tighter fit when inserted and... Presto! Every game works first time. While I was in there I scrubbed som dirt off too, but otherwise I think the reason for the blinking is because the connection is not tight enough.

No More Seizers for me!

Just got mine for free to! Had to assure the saleslady I know how to install this part many many times, and then listen to how important it is to clean the games blah blah, but hey, got me the part anyway!thanks for the heads up!!

Something else that will help with this situation is disabling the region/copy protection. There are a large number of pins used just to prevent you from playing fake games or games from other countries and sometimes these pins do not make a good connection so you get that flashy screen. These are monitored by the "lockout" chip. If you open the system and desolder or cut pin 4 on IC 3193A, the system will no longer care if there is a connection on any of the pins it that chip was using giving less flashing screen madness. It worked great for me and I havent had to play with a game to get it to work yet!

If you want to preserve as a collectors item or something then I would not recommend this, but then again if you are playing it at all, its not being to well preserved because those stupid connectors always go bad. This trick will also let you play imports.

If you dont believe me check this out:
http://www.neshq.com/hardware/mod/lockout.txt

And if this has been posted a million times, then im sorry for wasting your time. Im kindof a noob here.

The game is hard to get out because the pins are new and tight. That's a good thing.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I paid 8.50 for mine when I got it off Ebay. It was worth it although I still need to replace all the screws I still have loose, and lossen the deck as its hard to pull the game ou[/quote]

[quote name='zombie73']The game is hard to get out because the pins are new and tight. That's a good thing.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I paid 8.50 for mine when I got it off Ebay. It was worth it although I still need to replace all the screws I still have loose, and lossen the deck as its hard to pull the game ou[/quote][/quote]

yea thats what I figured as it has gotten easier, but still I am missing screws and I do think I screwed it in too tight

[quote name='erniecars']Blah, Soldor, Blah, nes[/quote]

No, hasnt been posted here yet. Thanks for the heads up. And so far as being a noob, hell, you've got at least one good post out of 12 when some people (denisdfat) havent said one helpful thing ever

Just got the shipping confirmation for my connector; now my wife can play Tetris and Dr. Mario again!! Thanks for the info, Supernothing!!

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just called and it's on the way along with my Zelda disc. :eek:

Although the lady kept stating that they don't recomend doing the work yourself and they don't normally ship out internal parts. That they recomend just getting another system from a second hand store, pawn shop, etc...

I bought one off of eBay (only paid like $9 total) and it has worked great. I found that when I put all the screws back in, I had problems if I put them in TOO tight. Like I would put a game in and push down, but it would spring right back up without "locking." But once I loosened the screws a bit, it would stay down when I pushed it. Just thought I'd give a heads up in case anyone has this problem. Anyway it's pretty sweet that Nintendo's giving these out!

I wonder how many calls they have gotten after this posting. Their probably wondering why the sudden surge.... lol.

my Nes has been in a box for like 5+ years, It's in my closet. I wonder if it still works. Does storage kill an NES ?

But thank goodness I have my DC to play all my nes games.

No storage doesn't, at least not in a closet. Mine was put away for about 6-7 years, maybe longer, before I pulled it out about a year ago.

This is great...I'll have to dig up my NES....I had packed it away after it started to give me the "blinking screen" problem......If this connector can fix this It'd be great...

I'd sure like to play the old Castlevania games again..

I'll give them a call.......

Suck. I just called, and the lady on the phone said, "Hrm, yeah, we've been out of those for over a year now." So, I asked her where I could get one, and she said, "Yeah, since we are all out, I don't know where you could one." :/

Ok, here is the deal. They still have them in stock. They were a little hesitant at first about snding it though. They kept on stressing how they have these security screws and weren't sure if I would be able to open the system. "Play dumb", do not let them know you have a security bit or that you can open it (they might think your modding, I guess). Nintendo repair shops dont install these so dont say your gonna take it to one either. Just be nice and keep stressing how the contacts are yellow and that you were told by Sears or some other repair center, that Nintendo sends these out for free. Good Luck to all, I just got conf. on mine.

No problem squirtle.

Sounds like some people are having a lot more hassle getting it than I did. I simply stated I'm getting the blinking screen and was told that they could send me a new 72 pin connector. No questions asked.

Sweet! Thanks a lot guys. I just got off the phone with a Nintendo Rep at about 11:34 am Pac. time. She was pretty friendly and I just said exactly what supernothing had said. She suggested trying to find a replacement first but did acknowledge that they did have free 72-pin connectors and that it would ship out on Monday and gave me an order number to track the shipping. Thanks again!

Yea i wanted to call earlier before lots and lots of people call and then they stop doing it. Anyways i talked to "Cynthia" on the phone who i believe some of the other people are getting, who is really pushy about am I sure that im taking care of my games? If my contacts are bad, then my games must be bad too" Anyways I have one otw. Thanks!

Success!! Spent 17 minutes on the line (mostly on hold) but was victorious! The rep said Nintendo didn't really like sending out these parts because they didn't want customers working on their systems, and said I would be sent a part but that a note would be put on my account to prevent me from getting another one. I think this deal could possibly be getting abused, because I was asked where I heard that Nintendo was giving away these pin connectors.

wow, you guys still take care your NES this much? I am impressed.. perhaps I should take mine out and do some testing and cleaning too. hm

Just got off the phone and mine is one way....Thanks supernothing for the info.. You were absolutely right about what to say and what not to say....

Thank you OP. I called was able to get a confirmation. The guy I talked to this morning wanted to make sure that my most played games didn't have any foreign particles on the contacts, but I assured him they didn't, because they don't. I'll be able to bring my system back from the dead! :D

[quote name='emperordahc']Just repair it w/ a screwdriver. Checkout this site:

http://www.gooddealgames.com/articles/NES_Repair.htm

I used their method w/ my older frontloaders and it fixed 'em right up.

Hea. I've got a NES toploader. Orgasmic as freakin' hell. *Rubs it sensually against his chest*[/quote]

*Throws up on him during his moment*
*I Steal NES and put it on EBAY!*

[quote name='"Supernothing"']No storage doesn't, at least not in a closet. Mine was put away for about 6-7 years, maybe longer, before I pulled it out about a year ago.[/quote]

Watch out for the boogie monster though in your closet[/code]

No luck for me, the guy was fucking dick hole. He kept talking down at me like I was an 8 year old fucking kid. "I'm sorry but people like you and me at home just don't have the equipment or knowledge to do repairs like this" Yes I do you fucking douche, I have all the tools and have a background in electrical and computer repair. Then he tried to tell me that it was games, which I then explained worked fine in a friends system. Then finally he flat our denied they ever even send them out. What a fucking douche.

Keep calling until you get someone who does send it to you. Some people had to call multiple times.

ive gone through a few connectors and it doesnt always solve the problem, ive also had replacement connectors go bad quickly way before they should.... just be careful when taking the game out..... DO NOT MOVE IT FROM SIDE TO SIDE
\

[quote name='Supernothing']Keep calling until you get someone who does send it to you. Some people had to call multiple times.[/quote]

Eh, I was on hold for 10 minutes, and the expierance REALLY left a bad taste in my mouth, like really really bad, almost to the point of me boycotting any new products by Nintendo and jusy buying them used so they don't get a dime of my money. I calmed down though and just bought one on ebay for 9$.

I still have one other Nintendo that needs a replacement connector, if someone wants to get me a connector and ship it to me for a couple bucks plus shipping I'd appreciate it.

Also I may call again once the bad taste leaves, goddamn it pissed me off though. If I do call can anyone recomend a good way to ask for it? As in, what exactly to say to the guy.

[quote name='WildWop']Nintendo should just re-release the toploaders. I'd still buy one of those for $20-25.[/quote]
They made them for years in asia from what I've heard at least.

bread's done
Back