NES 72-pin connectors

[quote name='Supernothing']NINTENDO!!

give them a call. for free[/quote]

I thought they gave them all away a few months back. Did Nintendo make more or something? Anyone call them for it recently?

[quote name='sylentwulf']I sell them from my website and on ebay, follow my sig :)[/quote]

I'll redo your site interface for free stuff... website design on the barter system!

I bought one of those fucking things and still the only game my NES will play is SMB/Duck Hunt.

Grrrrr...

A new PIN Connector is HIGHLY recommended. Mine works like a charm! But here's some advice for the noobs: Clean your games before using them with a new pin connector. If the old games are dirty, they will only make the new connector go bad more quickly. A Q-tip and water works just fine!

-Oh, and when putting it all back together, if the cartridge won't click down, you have to loosen two of the front screws on the black plastic piece. This happened to me.. it could help IF this happens to you.

[quote name='dj_paxis']A new PIN Connector is HIGHLY recommended. Mine works like a charm! But here's some advice for the noobs: Clean your games before using them with a new pin connector. If the old games are dirty, they will only make the new connector go bad more quickly. A Q-tip and water works just fine!

-Oh, and when putting it all back together, if the cartridge won't click down, you have to loosen two of the front screws on the black plastic piece. This happened to me.. it could help IF this happens to you.[/quote]

Rubbing Alcohol is highly recommended as well as water, Q-tips and a bottle or two of it is always sittnig right next to my Cartridge games.

*kicks NES*

Actually I've found rubbing alcohol is a bit better than water because it evaporates so quickly you don't have to worry about letting it dry so much.

[quote name='Ben_F']Rubbing Alcohol is highly recommended as well as water, Q-tips and a bottle or two of it is always sittnig right next to my Cartridge games.

*kicks NES*[/QUOTE]

hell yeah, scrub the shit out of those connectors! Dont be shy! My arms got so sore from cleaning nes games one day that I took my dremel and attached a canvas polishing bit on the end and soaked it in isopropyl. Worked like a charm and I havent destroyed a nes cart yet! Plus I can now clean a nes carts connectors to like new in about 10 seconds! lol

also if you put the rubbing alcohol in the freezer for awhile before you use it, it will evaporate faster when applied to the connectors... less risk of corrosion.

bread's done
Back