NES at a flea market

Doom Gaze

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Two controllers, all cords necessary, works perfectly.

Needs a little cleaning, the top is a dirty brown. The rest is strangely healthy gray.

A cool $2.

Nice deal! I personally bought mine from a friend for $10 last summer.

Best yard sale find I've found an Intellivision for $2. First time I'd seen one in my life..

The brown is the plastic... the gray plastic didnt turn from people smoking in their house... the light gray had something about it that made smoke stick.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']The brown is the plastic... the gray plastic didnt turn from people smoking in their house... the light gray had something about it that made smoke stick.[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:? Care to rephrase that ?

[quote name='Graystone']I went to the flea market this past weekend they wanted $35 for a NES with no hookups.[/QUOTE]

Hell, I went to a flea market where the guy wanted $85 for a beat up top loader, no hookups or controllers.

"That's the goin rate on the internets, I won't go lower cuz I can just sell it on thar"

[quote name='Graystone']I went to the flea market this past weekend they wanted $35 for a NES with no hookups.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you're talking about Trader's World in the shadow of Jebus. It's hard to consider that a flea market anymore. Just about every indoor vendor there tries to get eBay prices for everything. The outdoor vendors are where to find most of the deals anymore.

[quote name='Epic Wolf']:whistle2:? Care to rephrase that ?[/QUOTE]

Sorry... I've worked for a used game store before and the yellow/brown tint on nintendo systems (NES and SNES) are when people smoke in the house. The Dark Grey doesnt tint, because of something in the plastic, but the light grey does.

Examples...

Smoked in house....

1120127364810_n0713b.jpg

e1_1_b.JPG

c8_1_b.JPG
http://i7.ebayimg.com/01/i/04/7d/f6/c8_1_b.JPG

Not smoked in house....

78_1_b.JPG

3c_1_b.JPG

18_1_b.JPG
http://i1.ebayimg.com/01/i/04/73/07/18_1_b.JPG
http://i17.ebayimg.com/04/i/04/84/42/3c_1_b.JPGhttp://i5.ebayimg.com/03/i/03/13/98/78_1_b.JPG

By my experience, the browning can also result from severe lack of dusting- but its gotta be severe , like caked in it for 4 years behind a tv...

I found an SNES box on the top of the garbage when I lived in an apt. It had no wires or controllers, but it worked. I tried it with one of my friends SNES wires. Now THAT'S cheap! Or maybe just ghetto. :p

[quote name='valleyvampiress']I found an SNES box on the top of the garbage when I lived in an apt. It had no wires or controllers, but it worked. I tried it with one of my friends SNES wires. Now THAT'S cheap! Or maybe just ghetto. :p[/QUOTE]

Shit, if it worked, it ain't ghetto. ;)

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Sorry... I've worked for a used game store before and the yellow/brown tint on nintendo systems (NES and SNES) are when people smoke in the house. The Dark Grey doesnt tint, because of something in the plastic, but the light grey does.
[/QUOTE]

That's not true at all. No one in my family ever smoked and both my NES and SNES turned.

They turn from natural gas also, my Snes was perfect until I moved in my house with natual gas and the bottom turned yellowish. I have never smoked in my house.

Can the smoking stuff be cleaned off?

[quote name='Roufuss']Hell, I went to a flea market where the guy wanted $85 for a beat up top loader, no hookups or controllers.

"That's the goin rate on the internets, I won't go lower cuz I can just sell it on thar"[/QUOTE]

Haha, it's every "flea market old Shaq-Fuer guy" ever.

ok i know this is going to sound sooooo "newbie-ish", but what does shaq-fu mean? I know what "all your base are belong to us" and pwned are referencing....but was a snes game wasnt it, really crappy fighter or side scroller?
and why is it used like a curse on here......
dont flame, i am trying to learn,,,,and just havent been informed.
thanks~~

[quote name='TomCloud9']They turn from natural gas also, my Snes was perfect until I moved in my house with natual gas and the bottom turned yellowish. I have never smoked in my house.[/QUOTE]

It can also change colors due to being near a good heat source or in direct sunlight.... Back when I worked at EB, I saw that pretty regularly.....

bread's done
Back