NES Classic Edition (Refurbished) $49.99 & Super NES Classic Edition (Refurbished) $69.99 Nintendo E-Store

As someone who isn't that tech savvy and has absolutely no knowledge or experience in modding a system, is it an easy thing to do overall? I've already looked it up how to do it via hakchi but it still looks pretty complicated. Maybe I'm just over thinking it.

Itd be an expensive investment keeping two of each system around especially when I know I didn't really even need one of each in the first place, but I might just see if I can mod each one and keep a non-modded spare.
It's not too bad at all. Of course, I'm a computer engineer by trade, so it's fairly simple for me, but the instructions are pretty easy, and there are lots of solid tutorials out there for setting it all up. Just make sure you get the latest version of Hakchi 2 CE (3.8.0 right now), and go from there.

(And even though I'm tech-savvy, I still hold my breath when it's flashing and takes a while to reboot or doesn't properly the first time.)

Why stop at the NES games?
Mainly because I already have an SNES Classic, Genesis Mini, TG-16 Mini, and PS Classic. It's kinda ridiculous at this point...

Still, I might consider adding Game Boy stuff to it, things that work well with the NES controller. But I really don't need it, the PS Classic is the one that serves as my go-to "throw the kitchen sink on there" system. And I'll probably end up removing the NES games I added to my SNES Classic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my SNES Classic setup.  I use a L usb adapter with SanDisk flash drive for the additional games.  I have a couple flash drives, one just for my favorites and the other with 5000+ games.

[attachment=34382:Untitled 1.jpg]

https://youtu.be/NYZMBV-rsZU

I just got MSU-1 stuff working. Amazing. I do like my original soundtracks, but upgrading certain games to make them more palatable to a less interested audience (my wife) led me to giving it a try.

The Chrono Trigger audio is fantastic.

I dunno how you get your kids interested in retro consoles, my original thought was to have them play Super Mario World (SNES) - but that turned out to be too difficult. PS classic was just way to dated... and NES classic Ice Hockey just isn't as fun as I remember it being back in the day! 

So as expected, I just got them for display purposes only. Controllers all wrapped up nice and tight like back in the 90s.  :oldman:

I dunno how you get your kids interested in retro consoles, my original thought was to have them play Super Mario World (SNES) - but that turned out to be too difficult. PS classic was just way to dated... and NES classic Ice Hockey just isn't as fun as I remember it being back in the day!

So as expected, I just got them for display purposes only. Controllers all wrapped up nice and tight like back in the 90s. :oldman:
Maybe try the Kirby games? Those tend to be very kid-friendly.

So is this OOS and the site is wrong? I have tried 5 times to pay and it keeps saying something is wrong with the payment and I know my card is good.

So is this OOS and the site is wrong? I have tried 5 times to pay and it keeps saying something is wrong with the payment and I know my card is good.
That means it OoS for now... try again tomorrow (just at random times around the day starting in the morning) and it'll probably work again. Not being able to check out happens all the time and from what I can tell, it's because it's OoS but so far, since this thread was made, both have returned in stock and people were able to check out fine.

I'm curious though as to how Nintendo has so many of these things as refurbs.....

That means it OoS for now... try again tomorrow (just at random times around the day starting in the morning) and it'll probably work again. Not being able to check out happens all the time and from what I can tell, it's because it's OoS but so far, since this thread was made, both have returned in stock and people were able to check out fine.

I'm curious though as to how Nintendo has so many of these things as refurbs.....
Thanks! I just tried again right now and it went through.

Maybe try the Kirby games? Those tend to be very kid-friendly.
After I had to 1st player it thru the end of Rainbow curse I think were done with Kirby for a while. Wasn’t a franchise they really enjoyed... DK difficulty even higher. The old 2D-die in one hit- difficulty isn’t for this generation methinks!

Newer Yoshi was good for kids however!

Edit: NES arrived today and came in a generic brown box with a sticker on it. Everything looked good, worked fine and now sitting on the shelf collecting dust for the next 30+ years!

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back