NES deal from my friend

xxxafibenderxxx

CAGiversary!
my friend is sellin me 1 NES system, 1 controller, cords, 15 games including a couple mario and zelda games, for 35 bucks.. good deal or nay?

Meh. Games can usually be had for $1-4. I suppose it would depend on the condition of the system. Most NES systems haven't held up well. (Mine is still perfect though! ^_^ )

well i guess i can trust him, he said that he'd give me a full refund if it doesnt work, and plus hes my friend and i can rough him up if he doesnt cough up my cash ahaha

I think it depends on the games. $35 dollars dosen't sound bad but dosen't sound as cheap they can be found. Maybe you can convince him to give it to you for 25-30.

Hey go for it. It will only cost you $35 bucks and that is about how much people pay for one game on a current console so if it doesn't work just get your money back.

Yea it really depends on the games and how good the system is working. Why don't you get a list and post it? I can give you some sort of estimate, I have a fairly large collection and can at least tell you what I may have paid for em.

If they are good games, yes.

You can always replace the pin connector-- costs $10 and takes about 20 minutes to replace. I would do that for any NES that hasn't had it done yet. Might as well.

you could also buy a new 3rd party NES console. from what i hear they hold up well. and most will use all old controllers and the ilk. so yeah. if the games are good i'd go for it.. but like was said before.. most can be had for 1-4 tops.

If it's a good friend just take it for $35. You don't want any hard feelings from trying to save a measely 5 or 10 bucks (NOTE: only b/c it's a friend. Saving 5 or 10 at a store = awesome).

You'll get $35 worth of fun out of it. Besides, wouldn't you go out with your friend and buy him a beer or something? That's $5 right there.

[quote name='urzishra14']you could also buy a new 3rd party NES console. from what i hear they hold up well. and most will use all old controllers and the ilk. so yeah. if the games are good i'd go for it.. but like was said before.. most can be had for 1-4 tops.[/QUOTE]

Yeah - I have the Yobo console, it's a U.S. famiclone so it takes regular NES games and is compatible with normal NES controllers (something most famiclones aren't). They only issue is that there are some titles it's not compatible with (Castlevania 3 for example) and the sounds are a bit off on some games. I think I paid 30 for mine.

bread's done
Back