NES :GOATS vs NAZIS

OK, so I originally saw this on GameSetWatch, and clicked through to the Kickstarter page, at which point I had a couple of questions. And since you're here, I'm going to ask them...

Why do you need $14,000 to make this game? Why not just make the game and then sell it like the rest of the game development community does (aside from the somewhat obvious fact that it is unlikely to generate $14,000 in profits)?

[quote name='escapekey']
Why do you need $14,000 to make this game? Why not just make the game and then sell it like the rest of the game development community does (aside from the somewhat obvious fact that it is unlikely to generate $14,000 in profits)?[/QUOTE]

Reason #1 I can't work in the game industry & work on my own project at the same time... it's unfortunate but at *most* companies you can't work on your own game related project -- it's considered conflict of interest. I could do it secretly and anonymously but if i want to establish myself as a good game designer I can't do it secretly. (Releasing my own NES title would be a geeky dream come true as well.)

The $14k I am asking for would not be profit, it would be cost -- I'm looking for enough money to spend a year working on it at near/almost/over full time. I'll be doing everything as much as possible -- Art, music, design and coding so I'll be a busy fellar. Most commercial game dev costs are roughly 50k a year per full time developer so this game would be done on the cheap.
I'm hoping this could be a new way for others to fund quirky games as well... we will see! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back