NES-Inspired 3DS XL Coming Exclusively to Gamestop 10/10/14

chimpmeister

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Not sure if this was posted, apologies if it was.  Gamestop will be carrying a special edition NES-themed 3DSXL, coming October 10th:

JaV20Cd.jpg

News link (Gamespot): http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nes-inspired-3ds-xl-coming-exclusively-to-gamestop/1100-6422238/

Gamestop product page:  http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-xl-gamestop-exclusive-nes-edition/117268

Last edited by a moderator:
That box is almost too cool to open. Thanks, OP!
My feelings exactly. The console design itself seems really lazy... I think they should have put the controller design on the inside (ie, in the area with the controls themselves) and make the outside look more like the NES console.

But this one way better than the Smash Bros one.

The console design itself seems really lazy... I think they should have put the controller design on the inside (ie, in the area with the controls themselves) and make the outside look more like the NES console.
That was my first thought. The box has a better design than the console as far as I'm concerned. So it might be cool for collectors, but if I were buying a 3DS XL to play, I'd go for another design.

So...did everyone forget about the New 3DS LL already, even Nintendo themselves?
If anything, that's exactly why Nintendo is doing three variants at once. They know with the impending news of an improved model, they people who keep up with gaming news are unlikely to buy or upgrade to a 3DS/XL so they release these variants because they know people will buy them.

And then, once the new/improved models are out, I'm guessing we'll see Nintendo double dip on some of the designs (ie, another "yellow" Pokemon/Pikachu model, another classic/retro model, etc.).

If anything, that's exactly why Nintendo is doing three variants at once. They know with the impending news of an improved model, the people who keep up with gaming news are unlikely to buy or upgrade to a 3DS/XL so they release these variants because they know people will buy them.

And then, once the new/improved models are out, I'm guessing we'll see Nintendo double dip on some of the designs (ie, another "yellow" Pokemon/Pikachu model, another classic/retro model, etc.).
Selling the same people the same [slightly different] thing over and over again? They stole that right out of Apple's playbook!

Hmm...I have a famicom gameboy micro.  I missed out on the NES Gameboy Advance SP.  Now to convince myself to buy another 3DS XL. Given that I have a 3DS XL already and the New 3DS is eventually coming.

Someone tell me again why this thing is region locked?  I doubt any of us here are able to buy a portable console in one country for really  cheap because of exchange rates between different countries.

The console itself looks very lazy.  Anybody can get a decal of a NES controller and put it on their gray XL.  Now this was a work of art :)

spn0.jpg

[quote name="encendido5" post="12084820" timestamp="1410446376"]The console itself looks very lazy. Anybody can get a decal of a NES controller and put it on their gray XL. Now this was a work of art :)

spn0.jpg
[/quote]

If only it had the brighter screen. I need to replace the battery in mine.

I will not buy this.  Already have 3 3DS.  Pokemon, Zelda both sealed and mario Kart 8 bundle.   I waits for new 3DS.    If Nintendo do not mention about new 3DS coming out soon!  I sure fall for it but now  "NO" :)

I would like one because I don't have a custom edition 3DS but I am probably going to hold out for the 2015 one, you know the "New 3DS".

It took me a while, but I bought a 101 for less than $30. It was a spongebob unit in terrible condition. That is the one I gutted for my nes 101. Just a few months ago, I found a gba bundle on craigslist, Two SPs, 40 games, and two cases for $60. One of those SPs was a 101. I traded the pokemon games that were included for $40. Still have 30 or so games to trade and the 001 sp.

They are out there for cheap. Just may take a while to find one.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back