NES Retro Entertainment System Console Free shipping 21.77 eBay

srac84

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys haven't posted for a while, but thought this was a cool deal for people looking for those old retro games. I know its hard to find an original NES system now, but they have this cool console on eBay that plays all the original NES game cartridges, too bad it doesnt have HDMI :p. Anyways its really cheap so for anyone looking to play some vintage games they might find it useful. Links below:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...197.m1256&_trkparms=clkid=1147700852023282872

Tax in California.

Tempted for ~$20, reviews say the unit works but is of cheap construction and is "fragile." Anyone have one of these?

I'm also very tempted.

I'd be curious to here more about this as well. I still have my old toploader connected to my tv and it would be awesome to get a more reliable replacement.

I would read up on these before you make the plunge. Most of these have cheapo parts and produce inferior audio and video.

lol i dunno i guess thats why its 21 bucks.. almost 800 ppl bought it.. i guess we can read through the feedback and see if people left positive feedback for the item. Also, i mean its a NES the sound isn't going to be the same as a ps3 or xbox....

[quote name='soonersfan60']There are other pretty cheap consoles which also play Genesis games (and one for a little more that also plays SNES games).[/QUOTE]
Sadly, I would love the SNES model but my buddy's dormmate stole all my games. I guess since he spent all his time playing my games he just assumed at the end of term that they belonged to him.

Seriously, hunt down an original system and avoid the knock offs. They are riddled with emulation faults that destroys whatever nostalgia you would have for these games.

I wanted one of these knock-off systems for the longest time and when my wife finally bought me one for Christmas, the thing not only felt cheaply made (it had virtually no weight to it at all) but it was faulty from the get go. Check out reviews on Amazon for some of these knock-off systems and you'll see a wide array of people with a similar result as my own. Personally I just don't find these off-brand systems to be worth spending any money on.

If you're really trying to scratch a nostalgia itch, try to track down these old systems at garage sales, flea markets, or Goodwill. I recently found a fully functioning Dreamcast for $10 and SNES for $6 at my local Goodwill. Neither one came with controllers or cables but for an extra $20 I bought all the missing parts and both systems work beautifully.

There's also the option of just buying some old games on the Wii Shop, which is a much cheaper route.

That's not a bad deal if you want just the NES. I had an FC Twin before, which slots for both NES and FC Twin games. Sold that when i got the Wii, since most of the games I wanted were available on virtual console. I paid close to 60 with shipping, so if you just want the NES then this is not a bad deal at all

These are pretty good if you can't find an original system or afford the Retro Duo.

My favorite retro game system/ accessory is the retrogen. If you have an SNES then google it, eapecially if you ate interested in any of the genesis games.

I have a FC Mobile II and never had a problem with it. But I'd like to trade for a unit that would just stay plugged into the tv.

Had a Retro Duo and it was awesome. 100% for Super Nes and slight audio issues on the NES (though it can be fixed with a mod).

Getting a working oven NES is a lot more work and money than it sounds.

I have one, though mine is black and red. It is flimsy and cheap to say the least, but it does work on MOST (not all) of the games I have tried it with. My NES is very finicky and this thing is a good stand by. The controllers it comes with suck ass but it is compatible with the classic NES pads.

For as long as I live, I will never buy a NES/SNES clone. I think the true charm of any retro gaming night or just retro gaming in general is with the original systems with the original controllers. Just as a few other guys have said, it's not as hard to find them - they ARE around. Oddly, NES systems are overpriced at a few pawn shops due to their nostalgia factor, but everywhere else, they are considered junk. SNES systems are oddly common and are usually fairly cheap everywhere.

I've known a few guys that have owned systems like these and while they said they are convenient for having two consoles in one (some of them) that in the long run, they just aren't worth it due to the inferior build and sound quality.

[quote name='SanjiX']For as long as I live, I will never buy a NES/SNES clone. I think the true charm of any retro gaming night or just retro gaming in general is with the original systems with the original controllers. Just as a few other guys have said, it's not as hard to find them - they ARE around. Oddly, NES systems are overpriced at a few pawn shops due to their nostalgia factor, but everywhere else, they are considered junk. SNES systems are oddly common and are usually fairly cheap everywhere.

I've known a few guys that have owned systems like these and while they said they are convenient for having two consoles in one (some of them) that in the long run, they just aren't worth it due to the inferior build and sound quality.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit, someone from Hagerstown! While there are some clones that allow you to connect real controllers, I echo the sentiment for original hardware.

I sure haven't had any luck finding any SNES controllers or accessories around here for a decent price recently though.

[quote name='FatherChesz']Holy shit, someone from Hagerstown! While there are some clones that allow you to connect real controllers, I echo the sentiment for original hardware.

I sure haven't had any luck finding any SNES controllers or accessories around here for a decent price recently though.[/QUOTE]

Yes! People live in Hagerstown! Mostly incompetent morons that can't drive, but yes! I'm hoping to get out of here after I'm done university. This place sucks.

And yeah, if you're in Hagerstown, the place on the dual highway typically has NES/SNES consoles but they usually go pretty quick. I even got a 32X w/ a Model 1 Genesis for $25 there once so just haggle. The manager there is a jerk and overprices everything he sees.

[quote name='SanjiX']Yes! People live in Hagerstown! Mostly incompetent morons that can't drive, but yes! I'm hoping to get out of here after I'm done university. This place sucks.

And yeah, if you're in Hagerstown, the place on the dual highway typically has NES/SNES consoles but they usually go pretty quick. I even got a 32X w/ a Model 1 Genesis for $25 there once so just haggle. The manager there is a jerk and overprices everything he sees.[/QUOTE]

Nice to see some locals on here! I'm taking care of CAG business here in Rockville. The one thing that I hate about this area is the lack of anything decent on the retro front. CD/Game Exchange isn't that bad; however, it pales in comparison to some of the stores I've seen in other states (originally from NYC.)

I definitely agree that people cannot drive out here.

Back on topic, the NES clones are decent enough if you just want a cheap way to play some of your older games. I bought a Yobo clone a few years back, it wasn't bad and it still works. As always, original hardware is the best and usually worth the little extra money.

I do want to get this baby at some point:

hyperkin_supaboy_snes_handheld.jpg

Do you have to blow it and smack it around before it'll work? (judging by the looks of it the thing will break if you smack it.) If not then there goes half the nostalgia...

[quote name='thelwig14']Getting a working oven NES is a lot more work and money than it sounds.[/QUOTE]

Three out of the three ovens I had were a simple fix: replacing the 72 pin connector. That's what tends to wear out on the NES first.

My buddy at work just gave me his NES games today and his NES console but it doesn't work. Luckily we have a couple of stores selling retro gaming systems, games, & accessories. I picked one up for $24.99 CDN.

The console and controllers are made from light & cheap plastic. It's small too compared to the NES. Build quality not impressive but it does the job.

I might end up getting the official top loader NES some day

[quote name='SanjiX']For as long as I live, I will never buy a NES/SNES clone. I think the true charm of any retro gaming night or just retro gaming in general is with the original systems with the original controllers. Just as a few other guys have said, it's not as hard to find them - they ARE around. Oddly, NES systems are overpriced at a few pawn shops due to their nostalgia factor, but everywhere else, they are considered junk. SNES systems are oddly common and are usually fairly cheap everywhere.

I've known a few guys that have owned systems like these and while they said they are convenient for having two consoles in one (some of them) that in the long run, they just aren't worth it due to the inferior build and sound quality.[/QUOTE]I got one just for the space-saving, and to not wear out my real consoles. I agree with you, it isn't impossible to find an NES or SNES on, say, CL for a decent price. It may take time, but you should br able to get one for right around 30, and maybe less at like a yard sale. Forget EBay though.

bread's done
Back