NES & SNES Regional Questions!

Retro Bros.

CAG Veteran
Hi, I'm just wondering if a American NES with its regional lockout chip disabled can play PAL & JAP games ok. I mean will the cartridges fit ok or will I have to buy a cartridge pin converter / PAL NEs????
Thanks

Also are SNES consoles the same or will they work fine.
By that I mean are the cartridges the same shape/size in all regions???

Thanks all in advance.

I don't think the NTSC Nes can play PAL games. I think it can play NTSC Famicom games, though. However, you will need a pin converter! If you have a copy of an older NES game that feels a little heavier than it should (Stack Up is a good example), there are PIN converters built inside that you can steal.

But I think you will have to disable the 10NES chip....

[quote name='Cameront9']I don't think the NTSC Nes can play PAL games. I think it can play NTSC Famicom games, though. However, you will need a pin converter! If you have a copy of an older NES game that feels a little heavier than it should (Stack Up is a good example), there are PIN converters built inside that you can steal.

But I think you will have to disable the 10NES chip....[/quote]

Yes you do, but later games require you install a switch or something. Would it just be easier to buy a PAL, NTSC and Famicom seperately????

[quote name='DaveD']The SNES question is pretty much answered in this thread, which is a few posts down:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186071[/quote]

I had a look, but it has confused me further, because of the multiple things said.

bread's done
Back