Netflix Controls?

SEH

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Ever since Netflix went disc-less on the PS3, I'm no longer able to stretch images of stuff shot in 4:3. Back when I had to use the disc, I could press triangle on the controller and it'd bring up an overlay with a bunch of audio and video options, one of which allowed you to change the format of the picture.

Now that Netflix has gone disc-less, the controls have changed and I cant figure out how to do that anymore. Pressing triangle takes you back out to the menu and into the search feature. Does anyone know if it's still possible to change the format of a movie or TV show (I'm getting sick of watching old episodes of Married with Children with giant black bars on the sides of the image).

[quote name='Saint Noir']EWWWW STRETCHING THE IMAGE. ;)[/QUOTE]

+1

Stretching 4:3 images to fill a 16:9 screen is about the dumbest thing one can do.

I'm pretty sure that the old disc tapped into the PS3's native video controls, which is why you got those kinds of options when hitting Triangle (basically the same ones as when you would watch a Blu-ray movie).

Now that Netflix is a PS3 application, however, it's using its own control scheme which AFAIK does not include those options.

[quote name='Nogib']+1

Stretching 4:3 images to fill a 16:9 screen is about the dumbest thing one can do.[/QUOTE]

Not if one has a plasma :roll:

Sorry, but I'd like to watch multiple episodes of MWC without burning giant black bars into my TV. Thanks for the worthless reply though.

Doesn't your TV have the ability to mess with stretching and ratio aspect? I know mine has option for wide, full, and panorama (or whatever its called when the center of the image is normal, but the sides are stretched to fill the screen).

Might have to do that if Netflix wont allow it..

My TV has Zoom 1, Zoom 2, 4:3, and 16:9. The only ones that change anything are zoom, but that winds up chopping off massive amounts of picture in order to fill the screen.

[quote name='SEH']My TV has Zoom 1, Zoom 2, 4:3, and 16:9. The only ones that change anything are zoom, but that winds up chopping off massive amounts of picture in order to fill the screen.[/QUOTE]
yea tvs need to fix that crap some how because after you soom in you see nothing but almost chest up lol which is fine if your whatching bay watch or ggw

Unless you're in the first hundred hours or so of usage you're not going to see image retention from black bars, and you're not likely to see burn-in at all.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Unless you're in the first hundred hours or so of usage you're not going to see image retention from black bars, and you're not likely to see burn-in at all.[/QUOTE]Seconding this. I was super careful (probably too careful) during the first 60 hours of using my Samsung plasma TV. Now I watch pillarboxed stuff like it ain't no thang. You'll probably always get a little bit of image retention but you'd have to do something pretty egregious to get permanent burn-in at this point.

I've had a different image issue with Netflix actually... the last few times I've used it it seemed like the main menu was zoomed in. Movies looked fine but for some reason the interface looked all wrong. Anyone else encounter this?

@ busta
yeah I had this too. It kept cutting off words of things and such and I have no idea why. Just went on right now and all is fine. Before though I couldnt read half the movie titles because of the zoom.

bread's done
Back