Netflix on a Canadian XBOX360!!!

kubus6969

CAG Veteran
Listening to a recent CAGCAST, I heard that cheapyd got netflix to work in Japan.

I really want this feature to work on my XBOX360. I live in Canada. Netflix of course is not available in Canada. Does anyone know how to pull this off? I am willing to of course pay the 4.99$ and whatever else to just be able to stream the movies. How did cheapyd do this? Did he just use his parents in the States, as I've tried to sign up to Netflix via a US address, but I cannot use my credit card as it's asking for an US zip code linked to my credit card. I assume my credit card must be linked to an US address as well? Or is there any other way around this.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!:D

hey kubus. Fellow Canadian from Montreal here.

I found the following instructions from a dude on neogaf - apparently it works like a charm.

1) Sign up at Netflix.com. Give them a fake US address. It has to be valid though.
2) Sign up at Entropay.com. Use that virtual VISA card to pay for Netflix
3) Open up a US Xbox Live Account (Silver is fine)
4) Sign in on 360, go to video section, download Netflix application.
5) Open app. Choose to use a gold account. Select your main account. Get activation code.
6) Find proxy, go online to www.netflix.com/activate
7) Stay on proxy, add titles on website.
8) They pop up IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES.

I don't understand the proxy step though - maybe cheapyD or someone else on this forum could help.

cheers.

[quote name='METH']hey kubus. Fellow Canadian from Montreal here.

I found the following instructions from a dude on neogaf - apparently it works like a charm.

I don't understand the proxy step though - maybe cheapyD or someone else on this forum could help.

cheers.[/quote]

It means to use something similar to this.

http://www.findproxy.org/

Thanks METH!!

The proxy part I understand, since I work in IT ;)

I have to use a proxy server (free of course) that is situated in the States. Basically you connect through the proxy, so it thinks you are using a States provided IP, tricking netflix into thinking you are situated in the States. I was reallllllllyyyy just looking for the Credit Card step, because it looks for a ZIP code attached to a credit card, which can only be valid from a States address, but that's great, I'll give this a shot, and see how it goes, I'll post again in the next couple days if this work or not.

Cheers!!

PS... Great coincedence, I was just in Montreal for some great parties :) I'm from Toronto, love Montreal Night Life, OLE!!

bread's done
Back