Netflix Streaming Thread 2.0

Pulling, a britt sitcom is really funny in an uncomfortable to watch kind of way. The whole thing (12 half hour episodes) and a 1 hour finale are on there.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Sliders is freakin' awesome, I think that'll be my first show to go back into with my new Netflix sub.[/QUOTE]

I stopped at end of season 3 - i hear it goes way downhill following that.

Yeah, sliders after the third season is horrible, even the third season isn't great. When John Rhys Davies left the show it all went downhill. I have to say, I've never seen a show limp along for as long as it did though. By the time it ended, Rembrandt was the only original character left on the show.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Tried the first 3 episodes of Workaholics and I thought it sucked honestly. Oh well, not my cup of tea I guess![/QUOTE]

It definitely takes a specific type of juvenile humor. I thought it got better as it went along.

I am watching Prison Break right now. I remember it coming out. Outlandish, ridiculous and full of holes but damn if it isn't entertaining. It sucked me in after the first couple episodes.

[quote name='schuerm26']I am watching Prison Break right now. I remember it coming out. Outlandish, ridiculous and full of holes but damn if it isn't entertaining. It sucked me in after the first couple episodes.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed all four seasons, but it really does peak in the first one. William Fichtner is pretty awesome as Mahone in seasons 2-4.

[quote name='nasum']Pulling, a britt sitcom is really funny in an uncomfortable to watch kind of way. The whole thing (12 half hour episodes) and a 1 hour finale are on there.[/QUOTE]

Co-sign on this series. If you like anything British, especially more edgy, you should dig it. I found Karen to be the most unlikeable character in any show I have ever seen. For some Brit shows know when to end, it's really good.

I know people have talked about it before, "Tucker & Dave vs. Evil" is a must watch.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned wiki-fying this thread. It could be helpful if OP wants to share the "workload" of keeping it updated.

Also, I am enjoying Season 3 of Sons of Anarchy. Raising Hope is pretty good too.

[quote name='teknikalei']I'm surprised no one has mentioned wiki-fying this thread. It could be helpful if OP wants to share the "workload" of keeping it updated.[/QUOTE]

Good idea. Honestly I never even look at the OP; I just assumed it was out of date.

Hey anyone having a problem with their netflix not playing? I click on a show and it just shows a snapshot of the movie but I cant actually play it.

[quote name='schuerm26']I am watching Prison Break right now. I remember it coming out. Outlandish, ridiculous and full of holes but damn if it isn't entertaining. It sucked me in after the first couple episodes.[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed the first season of Prison Break

Flashpoint is another excellent show on Netflix. It also stars the pink power ranger :)

When does Starz contract expired? I thinking about restarting my membership if new season of Spartacus is available.

[quote name='teknikalei']I'm surprised no one has mentioned wiki-fying this thread. It could be helpful if OP wants to share the "workload" of keeping it updated.

Also, I am enjoying Season 3 of Sons of Anarchy. Raising Hope is pretty good too.[/QUOTE]

I had originally considered it at one point, but the new content is trickling in at this point, and with Starz leaving next month, it's not that difficult to manage. I'm going to change the content of the main post soon.

New for January 19th:

Babel
Blackthorn
Bless the child
The Phantom
Sliding Doors
Snake Eyes
The Weather Man

Supernatural seasons 1-6 is headed to Netflix at the end of the month.. might be time for me to finally check it out (I'm just assuming it's 1-6, the listing I see says season 3, 4 and 6.. I'm sure the others will be added, if they aren't already)

[quote name='thrustbucket']So is there no talk of Starz renewing? Will the new spartacus be on netflix at all then?[/QUOTE]

The renewal talks happened last year. They fell through. That's why they're leaving.

Considering Season 2 starts airing on January 27th and doesn't end until the end of March, no, season 2 will not be on Netflix. Netflix doesn't usually put up TV content until at least a month after the TV set is released on DVD/Blu, so if Starz stayed with Netflix, the new season of Spartacus probably wouldn't even be up until around this Christmas.

Unless you're talking about the Gods of the Arena mini-series that came out on DVD in November, in which case, no, it's not on Netflix. Streaming or physical disc.

[quote name='Scorch']I had originally considered it at one point, but the new content is trickling in at this point, and with Starz leaving next month, it's not that difficult to manage. I'm going to change the content of the main post soon.

New for January 19th:

Babel
Blackthorn
Bless the child
The Phantom
Sliding Doors
Snake Eyes
The Weather Man

Supernatural seasons 1-6 is headed to Netflix at the end of the month.. might be time for me to finally check it out (I'm just assuming it's 1-6, the listing I see says season 3, 4 and 6.. I'm sure the others will be added, if they aren't already)[/QUOTE]

cant wait for that i used to love that show but ended up missing a season or 2 and never got back into it.

Can't say Supernatural ever appealed to me, but hey, if it is coming to Netflix then I just may give it another shot. I'd also like to start Eureka since I just finished what Netflix had of Warehouse 13 (campy, but awesome show), but I dunno about that.

For those of you who haven't seen Party Down then you probably should before the Starz contract runs out. It's only like 20 30-minute episodes of great comedy (some episodes better than ever) and has the amazingly beautiful Lizzy Caplan in it. I even heard a rumor that they were putting together a script for a Party Down move. Anyways, check the show out. You won't be disappointed.

I don't ever watch shows like this, but I checked out Hidden Palms (got linked there because of Amber Heard and The Ward, which I actually liked) and it has turned out to be a decent soap opera type show. Short lived (only 8 episodes), so if looking for a time passer, you might give it a shot.

Dammit! Why did Netflix have to remove my ability to use the old format of the site? New format blows, which is why I've chosen to not use it for the past 7 months!

So, when did the Netflix 360 app stop noting which movies/shows are in 'HD'? Just noticed that yesterday, but I swear it wasn't like that as little as even a week ago.

[quote name='Scorch']I had originally considered it at one point, but the new content is trickling in at this point, and with Starz leaving next month, it's not that difficult to manage. I'm going to change the content of the main post soon.

New for January 19th:

Babel
Blackthorn
Bless the child
The Phantom
Sliding Doors
Snake Eyes
The Weather Man

Supernatural seasons 1-6 is headed to Netflix at the end of the month.. might be time for me to finally check it out (I'm just assuming it's 1-6, the listing I see says season 3, 4 and 6.. I'm sure the others will be added, if they aren't already)[/QUOTE]

How am I not seeing any of these?

[quote name='007']So, when did the Netflix 360 app stop noting which movies/shows are in 'HD'? Just noticed that yesterday, but I swear it wasn't like that as little as even a week ago.[/QUOTE]

Damn...they are absolutely shitting the bed as it was. Now they're just sweeping their arms and legs and making a shit angel in that bed.

[quote name='WV Matsui']How am I not seeing any of these?[/QUOTE]

Not sure - just searched the list of seven movies and all showed up.

If you mean Supernatural, "end of the month" is literal - January 31st.

the rock-afire explosion holy shit creepy but very worth watching if you ever went to showbiz in the 80s. on top of that one of the guys in the documentary has a bunch of videos up on youtube with the robots singing current music awesome stuff.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Just watched City of Life and Death. Holy crap. Good movie about the Japanese literal rape of China in the 30's. It reminded me a lot of Schindler's list.[/QUOTE]

Sounds depressing. I want to watch it, but at the same time, don't. It's the reason China and Korea hate Japan, even to this day. And like Germany, it doesn't appear in Japanese history books.

[quote name='elessar123']Sounds depressing. I want to watch it, but at the same time, don't. It's the reason China and Korea hate Japan, even to this day. And like Germany, it doesn't appear in Japanese history books.[/QUOTE]

if you cant handle it then dont i read about that shit and today it still disturbs me the shit japan did.

[quote name='elessar123']Sounds depressing. I want to watch it, but at the same time, don't. It's the reason China and Korea hate Japan, even to this day. And like Germany, it doesn't appear in Japanese history books.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lokizz']if you cant handle it then dont i read about that shit and today it still disturbs me the shit japan did.[/QUOTE]

I won't lie, it was depressing. But it is a story that needs to be told. Very few people know what happened and how brutal it was so I highly recommend it.

Aftershock is another film on Netflix like it (It was released last year in the U.S. apparently). Nobody has any clue there was an Earthquake in 1976 that killed 240,000 people and they should. The movie had awesome special effects and was very well made.

Both need to be seen, both are important stories.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah the story does need to be told but some things not everyone can handle.you have to know your comfort level. you should see the shit thats going on in north korea.

[quote name='lokizz']yeah the story does need to be told but some things not everyone can handle.you have to know your comfort level. you should see the shit thats going on in north korea.[/QUOTE]

Oh I already watched every documentary on North Korea last week (that was on Netflix). Some gems on there.

Someone recommended Crossing the Line, which was good. As was Seoul Train.

[quote name='Tsel']Man, two thumbs-up to all the folks who recommended Workaholics. I'm only 2 episodes in, but it's fucking hilarious.[/QUOTE]

It just gets better and better. The one where they try to catch the child molester and then think he is the coolest guy ever cracks me up.

Quick! Recommend me a TV show. Something good obviously, sci-fi maybe? No comedies either unless it is really funny (we just finished Warehouse 13 and The League and liked them both).

EDIT: Thoughts on...

- Life On Mars
- Psych
- Damages

???

I want to try Doctor Who but after watching the fist 4 or 5 episodes I don't think my wife will put up with it.

[quote name='Javery']Quick! Recommend me a TV show. Something good obviously, sci-fi maybe? No comedies either unless it is really funny (we just finished Warehouse 13 and The League and liked them both).

- Life On Mars
- Psych
- Damages

???

I want to try Doctor Who but after watching the fist 4 or 5 episodes I don't think my wife will put up with it.[/QUOTE]

Firefly.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Psych is amazing. Watch it. Now.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was interesting at first, but it quickly ends up being the same thing every episode.

[quote name='whoknows']I thought it was interesting at first, but it quickly ends up being the same thing every episode.[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but I still find it extremely enjoyable.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Psych is amazing. Watch it. Now.[/QUOTE]

Good to know... there are a lot of episodes though...

[quote name='Maklershed']@javery - Battlestar Galactica (new series)[/QUOTE]

Seen it - one of the best shows ever.

[quote name='keithp']Firefly.[/QUOTE]

Own it - one of the best shows ever.

[quote name='whoknows']I thought it was interesting at first, but it quickly ends up being the same thing every episode.[/QUOTE]

Dammit.

[quote name='Javery']
Dammit.[/QUOTE]

at least give it a shot. It's not great to marathon but a few episodes a week would be nice. Sill a great show. Also you should check out Party Down and Workaholics. I know you said no comedies but both of those are hilarious.

[quote name='Javery']Quick! Recommend me a TV show. Something good obviously, sci-fi maybe? No comedies either unless it is really funny (we just finished Warehouse 13 and The League and liked them both).

- Life On Mars
- Psych
- Damages

???

I want to try Doctor Who but after watching the fist 4 or 5 episodes I don't think my wife will put up with it.[/QUOTE]

Friday Night Lights
Flashpoint

Hey Javery, it's an oldie but a goodie-- Quantum Leap. I saw you mention that your wife probably "wouldn't put up" with Doctor Who. The cool thing about Quantum Leap is that it's a show with a sci-fi premise that has almost no elements of sci-fi in it. Just really good, human stories. Equal parts touching and funny.

- Life On Mars
- Psych
- Damages

???

psych is a great show for movie/tv geeks lots of references. if you can handle british stuff check out black books also survivors was a great series but they never completed it. luther is good too. saxondale is funny as well.

Fear Itself ( a horror series)

Peep show & the worst week of my life are good if you like awkward humor

you and your wife might like the catherine tate show

not sure if youre into anime and cartoons if so honey and clover ( seasons 1 and 2) and avatar the last airbender are great animated series.
they also have being human on there ( the original and american versions).

[quote name='lokizz']you and your wife might like the catherine tate show

not sure if youre into anime and cartoons if so honey and clover ( seasons 1 and 2) and avatar the last airbender are great animated series.
they also have being human on there ( the original and american versions).[/QUOTE]

Donna Noble's show is on Netflix? I didn't know that...

Honey & Clover is one of the best shoujo (aimed at girls) animes, btw. Romantic drama/comedy, but not very sappy and down to earth.

bread's done
Back