Netgear Router Problem

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
Up until yesterday night, my roommate and I's netgear wireless router has worked fine. Now, we lost connection with it and it seems to not even want to turn on(the connecting light stays orange and doesn't turn green). We've tried restarting several times and nothing comes of it. Though we can still get on by some of the other wireless connections that are available around town. Our wireless cards are working properly and it seems to be the router that's the problem. Any suggestions?

We switched (for some unkown reason) from Linksys to Netgear, and the Netgear has been nothing but garbage. They just seem to suck ass.

[quote name='ex0']We switched (for some unkown reason) from Linksys to Netgear, and the Netgear has been nothing but garbage. They just seem to suck ass.[/quote]

I myself use D-Link. They give me no problems.

My netgear router did the same thing...just suddenly stopped working. I returned it to the store for another, and then immediately upgraded the firmware from netgear's website. Have you tried doing that?

[quote name='Moxio']Weird. Is there something interfering with the connection?[/quote]

I odn't believe so, since it's worked just fine since August and has just stopped working. I do have a warranty on it, should I take it back and get a new router since I don't see much of a chance of getting it working.

Check the connection between the router and the internet (your cable modem or dsl or whatever). Have you tested the internet connection by itself, without a router? Check cables on both ends, make sure cable or dsl modem is turned on and active, make sure its getting on the internet. If you can get on the internet without a router, and there is no problem in between the router and the modem, then its the router.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='Moxio']Weird. Is there something interfering with the connection?[/quote]

I odn't believe so, since it's worked just fine since August and has just stopped working. I do have a warranty on it, should I take it back and get a new router since I don't see much of a chance of getting it working.[/quote]

That's probably your best bet.

[quote name='dafoomie']Check the connection between the router and the internet (your cable modem or dsl or whatever). Have you tested the internet connection by itself, without a router? Check cables on both ends, make sure cable or dsl modem is turned on and active, make sure its getting on the internet. If you can get on the internet without a router, and there is no problem in between the router and the modem, then its the router.[/quote]

Yeah, we tried that and it's fine just going through the modem.

i use d link, awesome stuff
i kno this is gonna sound dumb...try like..taking the power plug out and leaving it out for a bit..then put it back
worked for me when i had problems with my linksys trash

[quote name='greydemise']i use d link, awesome stuff
i kno this is gonna sound dumb...try like..taking the power plug out and leaving it out for a bit..then put it back
worked for me when i had problems with my linksys trash[/quote]
Yeah, leave it unplugged for a while, it should reset itself.

I'll probably try that and leave it unplugged for the night. We did get all green lights on it, but restarting the laptop didn't get it on. We'll just try again in the morning.

bread's done
Back