Netgear Wireless N USB Adapter Refurb Ebay Daily deal 14.99 shipped or less 04/13/09

dallascowboys

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
For today only, Tigerdirect through ebay has the Netgear WN-111 adapter for $14.99 shipped or $13.49 after live cash back (search "Netgear Wireless N USB RangeMax" on live.com and it should be near the top of the page on ebay). Sells normally for $74.99 and Tigerdirect has the same refurb for $29.99 on their website. I ordered one myself and am curious if it will work on the 360. I already have an adapter for 360, but I think it might work because the microsoft adapter uses usb as well. I'll report back once I receive mine in the mail.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Refurb-Netgear-...emZ250404321716QQcategoryZ45002QQcmdZViewItem

It won't work. Just because it uses USB doesn't mean it's going to work. It won't know how to use it. USB devices need drivers and usually come with Windows/Mac/Linux drivers built in or for download on their sites. Since NXE isn't an OS it recognizes it can't install the driver so the 360 won't know what to do with it.

If these worked, any wireless USB adapter that is, then no one would buy the MS one, or close to no one. Since buying a USB adapter would be much more useful since you could move it to other devices.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back