Netgear Wireless Router - 14.99

[quote name='DJSteel']why is it the wrong forum..you can hook up your systems to the router...[/QUOTE]
You also plug them into a TV and stereo, and set them on a shelf. That still means that things that aren't video game systems, games or accessories go in the other forum.
btw..I've never even heard of trendnet...I bet it's free for a reason,..
Don't crap on it because you're ignorant. TrendNet equipment is well regarded, that router is rated well at NewEgg, where people who know what they're doing shop.

Yes, because we all know paying $40 now and waiting for 12 weeks is a good idea. I'd rather pay the $15 to forego the hassle. lol

I have this line of wireless router from Netgear and it works fine. One word of warning though, the only thing that sucks about this router is the wireless range, it's pretty short. If you need access everywhere around the house, I'd suggest buying a better router.

jump on this if you haven't yet. i've got a newfound love for netgear routers ever since my old linksys ones crapped out on me.

I've tried to help a friend out with this router. When they had cable Internet the router worked perfectly. When they moved to DSL it became a nightmare. Even with the latest firmware it would completely lose it config between 1-3 days of uptime and everything would need to be setup again. He had it replaced under warranty twice and they both did the same thing. I had one bad technician that suggested I move back to cable internet as a fix. At that point I gave up on this model router.

FYI - I have not had issues with other Netgear products....

[quote name='Damian']Don't crap on it because you're ignorant. TrendNet equipment is well regarded, that router is rated well at NewEgg, where people who know what they're doing shop.[/QUOTE]
buuuuurn!

Has anybody sent a rebate to Trendnet and received the check from them? I'm reading numerous reviews that people sent in their rebates but never received the check. The one is from CompUSA and the other from Trendnet. Im not worried about the CompUSA one but can anyone tell me if they have had any success or failure with Trendnet's rebate system?

[quote name='Bhstickman']Has anybody sent a rebate to Trendnet and received the check from them? I'm reading numerous reviews that people sent in their rebates but never received the check. The one is from CompUSA and the other from Trendnet. Im not worried about the CompUSA one but can anyone tell me if they have had any success or failure with Trendnet's rebate system?[/QUOTE]
They've got a fairly bad reputation on fatwallet, but like all rebates if you keep copies of all your submissions and are reasonably persistent and insistent if there is a problem you'll get it.

i reapeat do not buy this router it is a piece of crap i have it i always get disconnected ur better off buying a lynksis router

[quote name='bobthecat23']i reapeat do not buy this router it is a piece of crap i have it i always get disconnected ur better off buying a lynksis router[/quote]

I'm not interested in the Netgear router, I'm looking at the free Trendnet router at CompUSA. I've read that a lot of people have problems with overheating and disconnecting with the Netgear and the Trendnet has gotten pretty good reviews for how cheap it is.

bread's done
Back