Never rip someone off on the Internet! :D

Anyone think this might just be a big scam on everyone? I don't know if a person would go this far. I think these 2 know each other and are just pulling a big ass prank.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']That kid did go out of his way to antagonize, instead of just responding like an idiot when he should respond anyway. But, I think simply the scale of whats going on makes up for that. People are accusing him of bragging about the scam originally anyway, but it's as if he's taking the heat for every time these people have been scammed.

He sold working used parts as new. He stated he wanted $100 then, when he recieved payment, he said it was a mistake and that he wanted 125.

Saying it's just 25 bucks is not to justify it or say it was meaningless, but to step back and question whether the punishment really fits the crime.[/QUOTE]

Didn't he say he wanted $140? not $125? The buyer received the "used parts" advertised as "new" and he stated he wanted his full refund. So he mailed the parts back and he received the money order. Now it's going to take the check ($125 dollars) one month to clear. So the buyer is pretty much screwed and the drama is going to last one more month.

People stated they were going to post his info on the internet but Charlie challenged them and the seller got what he deserved. He could of easily calm the situation down by apologizing and admitting his mistakes. He deserves what he gets.

[quote name='beguile']Didn't he say he wanted $140? not $125? The buyer received the "used parts" advertised as "new" and he stated he wanted his full refund. So he mailed the parts back and he received the money order. Now it's going to take the check ($125 dollars) one month to clear. So the buyer is pretty much screwed and the drama is going to last one more month.

People stated they were going to post his info on the internet but Charlie challenged them and the seller got what he deserved. He could of easily calm the situation down by apologizing and admitting his mistakes. He deserves what he gets.[/QUOTE]

125 or 140 doesn't make a difference (though I keep seeing 125 on the site). Even if he took 125 bucks and sent nothing, that may make him a worse person but that doesn't make it ok to do everything that has been done to him.

[quote name='camoor']It's now a crime to post on the internet that you got cheated on a deal? Can you point me to this law, this is unbelievable and if true I'm going to write to my congressman.

As for the shitstorm coming down on the scammer, all I have to say is
liecheatsteal.png

He certainly deserves more of a punishment then just 'paying back what he attempted to defraud'. Around here if you attempt to steal $25 or defraud a customer with illegal business practices, your punishment ranges from large fines to jail time.

Just so you know - I once had a rock thrown threw my window. They caught the kids throwing the rocks on the overpass, we got a court settlement whereby they were supposed to pay us back the money, and never saw a dime. So forgive me if I throw doubt on your ultimate confidence in the legal system righting wronged parties. The people who really profit from the legal system are the scammers and their lawyers, who know how to use it to win jackpot settlements.

EDIT: Holy crap I didn't realize Eddie Guerro died. RIP[/QUOTE]

were you about to expose the kid's whole family, post his SS# and address on the internet or otherwise set him up for a dangerous or even life-threatening situation?

it's not all cut and dry. the scammer didn't deserve what he got, though it is his fault.

I think it's just as bad when people arbitrarily believe in such extreme forms of punishment and revenge. It IS possible for the "victim" to go overboard.

I'm not taking anyone's side on this but I just wanted to point out that this isnt an issue of $15 or $25. Its $115. MochaMike gave the scammer guy $115 .. the scammer guy then refused to ship out the part or give him his money back until the people of the forum started pressuring him with their hijinx. It was cool of them to all band together like they did at first to help out MochaMike but things seemed to have gotten way out of hand. Getting the kid's family involved is uncalled for as well as the death threats and posting of the social security number.

[quote name='Strell']This will be on fark.com probably within a few hours, with links to mirrors and things...[/QUOTE]

I sent a newslink and they never posted it, they love scammers.

[quote name='chaarlieee']WTF? When did I say he DESERVED all of it? I said it was his FAULT for bringing it to himself. He was responsible for everything coming to him. Never did I say that he deserved for his whole life to be leaked out, or that he deserved to die, because he DIDN'T DESERVE any of that. But if something happens to him, his family, his friends, his dog, that's HIS FAULT. Not that he DESERVES it, but it's HIS FAULT.

That's completely different from what you guys think I'm saying.[/QUOTE]

He could of ended it before page 6, but he boasted on and insulted everyone.

[quote name='The Dord']He could of ended it before page 6, but he boasted on and insulted everyone.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I know. I read up to page 25. :)

The guy's an asshole and just deserves a good ass kicking to have some sense beaten into his head. He didn't deserve to have his whole life leaked out though. Like I said, karma's a bitch..

[quote name='alonzomourning23']That kid did go out of his way to antagonize, instead of just responding like an idiot when he should respond anyway. But, I think simply the scale of whats going on makes up for that. People are accusing him of bragging about the scam originally anyway, but it's as if he's taking the heat for every time these people have been scammed.

He sold working used parts as new. He stated he wanted $100 then, when he recieved payment, he said it was a mistake and that he wanted 125.

Saying it's just 25 bucks is not to justify it or say it was meaningless, but to step back and question whether the punishment really fits the crime.[/QUOTE]

he got the check for $100 and he cashed it, and then he said he wanted $125. mochamike learned the gears were used and didnt want them anymore and that wenzel guy didnt give back the money. mike said he wanted his money back, but wenzel shipped out the gears even though mike already told him he wanted the money.

he sent the check because of all that info posted on him i guess. he was still talking shit though.

[quote name='camoor']It's now a crime to post on the internet that you got cheated on a deal? Can you point me to this law, this is unbelievable and if true I'm going to write to my congressman.

As for the shitstorm coming down on the scammer, all I have to say is
liecheatsteal.png

He certainly deserves more of a punishment then just 'paying back what he attempted to defraud'. Around here if you attempt to steal $25 or defraud a customer with illegal business practices, your punishment ranges from large fines to jail time.

Just so you know - I once had a rock thrown threw my window. They caught the kids throwing the rocks on the overpass, we got a court settlement whereby they were supposed to pay us back the money, and never saw a dime. So forgive me if I throw doubt on your ultimate confidence in the legal system righting wronged parties. The people who really profit from the legal system are the scammers and their lawyers, who know how to use it to win jackpot settlements.

EDIT: Holy crap I didn't realize Eddie Guerro died. RIP[/QUOTE]
1. If he had simply posted the offending screen name and said "don't buy from this douche" it would have been fine. He didn't though.

2. Yes. He could have gotten more punishment for it. We'll never know since Mike decided to go outside the law, though, will we?

3. You admitted yourself that you're too lazy to go through small claims court to get money you'd be owed. So don't whine about your window. If you had pursued it the court would have garnished these kids' parents wages until you got your money.

[quote name='chaarlieee']Yeah, I know. I read up to page 25. :)

The guy's an asshole and just deserves a good ass kicking to have some sense beaten into his head. He didn't deserve to have his whole life leaked out though. Like I said, karma's a bitch..[/QUOTE]
Karma neither believes in taking pleasure in the misfortunes of others nor that two wrongs make a right. You should be doubly careful from now on, huh?

[quote name='Apossum']
I think it's just as bad when people arbitrarily believe in such extreme forms of punishment and revenge. It IS possible for the "victim" to go overboard.[/QUOTE]

The victim in this case didn't do shit. The scammer just pissed the people that read that thread. Victim's wife even went as far as to ask people on the board to please stop calling the scammer. The only thing that's going overboard is the scammer who is "allowing" this to go overboard.

It's one thing to call people "internet tough guys" and its another when they show up at your door.

Damn some of you need to start actually reading some of the thread instead of making assumptions. First someone assumes its over $25 dollars and then someone assumes it is the victim that is going overboard. Then out of nowhere someone claims this is a hoax when someone's SS#, picture, family and all that info is posted about him.

[quote name='jmcc']Karma neither believes in taking pleasure in the misfortunes of others nor that two wrongs make a right. You should be doubly careful from now on, huh?[/QUOTE]

To some people, karma is a bad result of something you did that was wrong. From wikipedia:

"According to Karma, performance of positive action results with the reaction of a good conditioning in one's experience, whereas a negative action results in a reaction of a bad response."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karma

Oh, and please don't respond to me. Ever. You're a walking technicality. Don't respond to this post, either. Really. Just don't respond.

[quote name='racthamp']now i gotta ask... what is the power book thingy?[/QUOTE]

It's hugely overrated. Essentially someone scammed those people you see on eBay who message you about an expensive item. They tell you that they'll send you a money order for like 200-300 more than the actual price of the item, you'll cash it, send the item, and send the refund back as well to the buyer. Someone the buyer has it so that you send the item and the money bounces, so you lose the item and don't get paid.

So someone scammed these scammers by sending a cardboard box on which they drew the buttons, wrote "Powerbook" on the outside, wrote "FIREWIAR!!" on the side, etc. The final kicker was that the buyer even left positive feedback.

It was seriously another 60 page thread when you got the joke in the first 5 and then just read an endless string of posts of people going OMFG THATS TEH AWSUMS AND ROLFMAOMLAMFAOMLAMF.

A good joke, but nothing earth shattering like people want to make it out to be.

[quote name='Strell']It's hugely overrated. Essentially someone scammed those people you see on eBay who message you about an expensive item. They tell you that they'll send you a money order for like 200-300 more than the actual price of the item, you'll cash it, send the item, and send the refund back as well to the buyer. Someone the buyer has it so that you send the item and the money bounces, so you lose the item and don't get paid.

So someone scammed these scammers by sending a cardboard box on which they drew the buttons, wrote "Powerbook" on the outside, wrote "FIREWIAR!!" on the side, etc. The final kicker was that the buyer even left positive feedback.

It was seriously another 60 page thread when you got the joke in the first 5 and then just read an endless string of posts of people going OMFG THATS TEH AWSUMS AND ROLFMAOMLAMFAOMLAMF.

A good joke, but nothing earth shattering like people want to make it out to be.[/QUOTE]

No, but it was fucking hilarious!

[quote name='chaarlieee']To some people, karma is a bad result of something you did that was wrong. From wikipedia:

"According to Karma, performance of positive action results with the reaction of a good conditioning in one's experience, whereas a negative action results in a reaction of a bad response."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karma

Oh, and please don't respond to me. Ever. You're a walking technicality. Don't respond to this post, either. Really. Just don't respond.[/QUOTE]
So, your beating off over someone being threatened doesn't constitute a negative action now? And someone taking the law into their own hands is kosher with the universe, too? Serious question here: is English your second language? You don't seem to grasp that words mean things, but being a foreigner with a tenuous grasp of English would go a long way towards explaining it.

[quote name='jmcc']1. If he had simply posted the offending screen name and said "don't buy from this douche" it would have been fine. He didn't though.

2. Yes. He could have gotten more punishment for it. We'll never know since Mike decided to go outside the law, though, will we?

3. You admitted yourself that you're too lazy to go through small claims court to get money you'd be owed. So don't whine about your window. If you had pursued it the court would have garnished these kids' parents wages until you got your money.[/QUOTE]

1. MochaMike basically did just post about the situation and the current status. MochaMike never posted the guy's SSN or family information, and therefore I side with him.

2. No, we'll never know because local police almost never look into a small claims case like this. Don't act as if the system would have worked it to MochaMike's satisfaction - it wouldn't - and things need to change or else more threads like this will occur. The internet still has some wild west flavor.

3. SCREW YOU. First of all, I'm not whining because shit happens. Second of all, this judgement came down as a plea agreement from a judge, it was court mandated and the kids were required by law to send the payments. One of the kids sent his payments, the other was sent to jail soon after with no assets (model citizen :roll: ). I just kept the story short because I figured noone wants to read 3 paragraphs about my broken windshield - the next time a rock comes through your windshield from a highway overpass, you get safety glass in your hair and eyes, and you drive half the night to thanksgiving vacation in a car that has a huge bowl-shaped hole on the right side of the windshield, then you can expound on how criminals giving back what they destroy with no added punishment is somehow fair.

Your time must not be very valuable if you can spend hours tracking down and filing legal actions for small claims against the people who anonymously vandalize your property or scam you in internet deals.

It's an interesting story for me, because I remember we pulled over with alot of other cars on the side on the highway, and a big guy whose Porsche's headlight was destroyed was getting together a group of people to go "find" these kids who could potentially hurt someone. I didn't want any part of it, so I left and called it into the police later, but I didn't have any sympathy for the vandals either.

[quote name='2poor']that was an awesome read. thats scary how that jeff guy just disapeared.[/QUOTE]

It's interesting, to say the least. I'd be bragging about it wherever I went , hahaha.

[quote name='2poor']jeff looks like that guy from the mad real world sketch on chappelle show.

image028.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Tyrene, you.. you stabbed my dad!

Good. I hope this kid doesn't get killed and can move on with his life. The mods at that forum let the whole situation get way out of hand. I honestly wouldn't be upset if their site got shut down because of this. The kicker for me is people bitching about all the new people signing up and trying to get them to donate $20 to get a "red star" instead of realizing what this could do in the long term to this kid.

Edit: This is bullshit. The kid tries to apologize and gets bashed some more. I'm sure it took a lot after all the harassment he received to try and apologize, so I honestly don't blame him for originally threatening the guy who sent him the death threat with jail time.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=412489
I assume the apology is why the original thread was closed.

We don't know that yet. There seem to be a lot of crazy fucks on that website who would be glad to still hurt the kid, or they could still push him over the edge emotionally and he'll be the next suicide we hear about on the news.

It's kinda crappy that they turned on me in the forum as well. I was going to get one of their red stars until this

Originally Posted by mudslinger99
A few people mentioned the noobs messing up the tech with dumb questions (how much air will a 35psi tire hold ) but it's the whiney, sensitive, butt hurt sumbitches that are the worst.. Now this guy says ''I got flamed boo hoo now I'm going to take my ball and leave''

You know the saying about the door hitting you and to make it even better the 1st to point him to the door were 2 female

I think they can take their 4x4's and shove it up ther fuck 'in ass. I didn't do anything wrong in there.

[quote name='The Dord']$20 dollar support for their bandwith, I guess they don't need it![/QUOTE]
fuck that. expecially if you don't frequent their site.

You know, if someone found and killed this ninja the whole forum would say that it's gone to far but yet all the shit they've done up till that, that's cool.

[quote name='DT778']fuck that. expecially if you don't frequent their site.[/QUOTE]

How do you quit a site like theirs? I don't see a delete account function.

omg the powerbook thing was a great read i didnt get to read the main thread before it got shut down any1 know of a summary up yet links to pix and stuff i notice he said he sold his truck and like 2 min later sum guy has pics of it at his house lol great stuff gatta love the power of the internet

bread's done
Back