Neverwinter Nights 2 Gold 50-80% Off (~$6 if you get 80%)

Worth every penny. Went through the main campaign two years ago and it took me around 80 hours of awesome. Mask of the Betrayer took another 20-30 and finished the story on a great note. Word of warning though, around the first half of Act I is fucking boring as hell (on level with KOTOR's Taris), but after that the story is incredibly good.

How are the main campaigns when playing through them with multiple players?

Any issues with GamersGate and mods/modules?

I wouldn't play the main campaign in multiplayer (not sure if you even can). Story was really meant for a single player character (especially the expansion, which would make no sense if more than one person was the "main")

Mine's showing $14.98, which is way too much for a PC RPG that's far from new.

I've actually had some interest in getting this title in the past, but $10 is my sweet spot and it never seems to get that low.

[quote name='AwRy108']Mine's showing $14.98, which is way too much for a PC RPG that's far from new.

I've actually had some interest in getting this title in the past, but $10 is my sweet spot and it never seems to get that low.[/QUOTE]

It's a variable discount based on your past purchases I believe. But if you can find someone that gets the 80% discount you could arrange a gift buy, I assume.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I wouldn't play the main campaign in multiplayer (not sure if you even can). Story was really meant for a single player character (especially the expansion, which would make no sense if more than one person was the "main")[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, guess I'm still looking for that coop BG experience!

[quote name='Takeda Kenshi']Will there ever be a Platinum version that includes the other expansions?[/QUOTE]

I've been waiting on that, since I got the Diamond version of the first game, but I've pretty much given up at this point. Wasn't Zehir done by someone else, anyway?

[quote name='blackvolk']Thanks for the info, guess I'm still looking for that coop BG experience![/QUOTE]

It is playable co-op and fine. It won't really be game breaking if you are playing it co-op either. It will just be essentially whoever is 2nd player (or more, not sure how many can play co-op) are just followers and the main story will sort of only regard the main character.

Essentially it is be like every other co-op game in existence as far as how the story is told goes.

Me and my brother played it co-op (still haven't beaten the game) and the only change I could see playing co-op was that it was easier and the beginning is far less boring.

bread's done
Back