Neverwinter Nights Platinum Edition at Target for $19.98 B&M YMMV (on clearance)

Must go out and pick this up! I've been waiting for this to drop for a long time. Do you know whether this is the CD or the DVD version?

The question is, since it ends in 8, is that a clearance price or a price drop? Sad thing is I bought Gold for that price almost a year ago, and Underdark never dropped after Platinum came out...

Sorry let me clarify. This is the DVD platinum edition, that includes the game and both expansion packs. This is a clearance item, so it is B&M only, which makes it a YMMV. Sorry for any confusion. But this is an awesome deal, and I was waiting to get this game cheap. I remembered when the original Neverwinter Nights came out, Target clearanced those out for $7.58 and I did not pick it up. So I was looking for them to drop this price. Enjoy kiddies.

Just went to 2 Targets on my way home. No luck. And I was so looking forward to getting the game. Maybe I'll check again later in the week.

Maybe someone should put YMMV in the title.

[quote name='Over easy']Just went to 2 Targets on my way home. No luck. And I was so looking forward to getting the game. Maybe I'll check again later in the week.

Maybe someone should put YMMV in the title.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't everyone just assume by now that clearance prices like this are YMMV?

[quote name='Terabyte7']Doesn't everyone just assume by now that clearance prices like this are YMMV?[/QUOTE]

Everyone should, a clearance price (especially at Target) should induce the idea of YMMV. But for those who don't, I will properly adjust the title.

Yeah, YMMV. I stopped at the Target on Howard earlier tonight and the thing rang up at $40. I've been waiting for a price drop on this, too. I still don't get why most places are selling the Gold and Platinum at the same price. Ignorant Grandmas? I've seen it used for $25, but I have no idea exactly what it comes with, as far as the modules go.

Target @ waterford lakes in orlando (by UCF) had it marked for clearance @ $27.98. I picked it up... figured it'd probably be gone by the time it hit $20...

The Target near the Seminole Towne Center just north of Orlando had a copy at the $19.98 price point on Saturday. I knew I wouldn't play it any time soon and passed it by.

Anyone else notice that doing a search of ebgames.com for "neverwinter" brings up a product to be released in Oct called NWN: Diamond? I emailed bioware customer service, and got a response a few hours later that contacting Atari would prove more fruitful, but I can't find a relevant email address for them. Googling and searching multiple forums results in diddly. I'm going to assume it's some kind of vaporware/package.

[quote name='dfg']Anyone else notice that doing a search of ebgames.com for "neverwinter" brings up a product to be released in Oct called NWN: Diamond? I emailed bioware customer service, and got a response a few hours later that contacting Atari would prove more fruitful, but I can't find a relevant email address for them. Googling and searching multiple forums results in diddly. I'm going to assume it's some kind of vaporware/package.[/QUOTE]

It's not... Gamestop lists what it is exactly.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=646371

Kingmaker is a seperate expansion coming out that packages together the online modules you had to pay for (like Witch's Wake).

I'd rather just wait for the Diamond package, it's only 29.99, unless platinum gets to be around 10 bucks clearance. Feel bad for the guy who bought it at 27.98... hopefully he sees this before he opens it and can take it back.

[quote name='Roufuss']It's not... Gamestop lists what it is exactly.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=646371

Kingmaker is a seperate expansion coming out that packages together the online modules you had to pay for (like Witch's Wake).

I'd rather just wait for the Diamond package, it's only 29.99, unless platinum gets to be around 10 bucks clearance. Feel bad for the guy who bought it at 27.98... hopefully he sees this before he opens it and can take it back.[/QUOTE]

Whoa, hey. Thanks for the info. I could have sworn I looked it up on Gamestop, but I guess not. I still can't find anything about it at Bioware's or Atari's site, nor does Google turn up anything relevant within the first several pages of [neverwinter nights diamond], which is rather odd if it's supposed to be on the shelves in less than 60 days. So I'm still a little skeptical.

I checked two Targets today as well, and one didn't have it and the other was going for $27.98 clearance as well. As you point out, for only 2 bucks more, Diamond sounds like a much better value—Kingmaker is going for $8 bucks at Bioware.com. I don't know how taboo it is around here to talk about piracy, but I'll state that Bioware is one of the few software companies around that would have to eat babies and set fire to puppies before I would even consider DLing something pirated from them. They've got a great track record of quality and have some very nice people working there. I had several email correspondences with Dr. Ray back in the day when the first Baldur's Gate was in development.

I just found one for $20 at one of my local Targets...what's going to be included with the Diamond edition that is going to make it so much better?

[quote name='Terabyte7']I just found one for $20 at one of my local Targets...what's going to be included with the Diamond edition that is going to make it so much better?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like at the very least, one of the designers' modules, Kingmaker. If I were in your situation, it'd be a toss-up.

[quote name='Terabyte7']I just found one for $20 at one of my local Targets...what's going to be included with the Diamond edition that is going to make it so much better?[/QUOTE]

For $20, thats a great deal. I think Diamond is only going to include the Kingmaker expansion, which I think someone said was $8. So if thats all it is, $20 Platinum + $8 Kingmaker is gonna be a better deal at the moment.

This expansion:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=646370

Features the modules Kingmaker, Witch's Wake, and Shadowguard.

Like I said earlier, if I found the platinum edition for 10 - 15 dollars I'd bite, but 27.98 is a rip off.

[quote name='Roufuss']This expansion:
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=646370
Features the modules Kingmaker, Witch's Wake, and Shadowguard.
Like I said earlier, if I found the platinum edition for 10 - 15 dollars I'd bite, but 27.98 is a rip off.[/QUOTE]
Hopefully it's all 3 of those modules. When I first read the description, I assumed it was only the Kingmaker module.
With current prices, if you were to buy all of those elements separately, it would cost: $x for NWN: Plat. + $8 for Kingmaker + $5 for Witch's Wake and Shadowguard, versus $30 for Diamond.

[quote name='dfg']Hopefully it's all 3 of those modules. When I first read the description, I assumed it was only the Kingmaker module.
With current prices, if you were to buy all of those elements separately, it would cost: $x for NWN: Plat. + $8 for Kingmaker + $5 for Witch's Wake and Shadowguard, versus $30 for Diamond.[/QUOTE]

EB has their customary cryptic new listing for Kingmaker:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/259019.asp

At that price, $27.98 for Platinum is looking even less enticing. Even $10 is pushing it then.

I visited a 7-eleven in florida today in bradenton and they were selling halo 2 for 24 dollars. Do not knnow if halo 2 is being sold at other 7-eleven's in the country but I do know this 7-eleven had it for 24 dollars awesome deal.

[quote name='budman']I visited a 7-eleven in florida today in bradenton and they were selling halo 2 for 24 dollars. Do not knnow if halo 2 is being sold at other 7-eleven's in the country but I do know this 7-eleven had it for 24 dollars awesome deal.[/QUOTE]
I visited a 7-eleven in illinois today in chicago and they were selling cigarettes for over 6 dollars a pack. Do not knnow if...
...Nice OT post, year-old newbie. Just bustin' your balls.

Well, since this this thread does deal with Target, my wife wanted a TV for the kitchen, and earlier tonight we found a 13" Daewoo with remote for $47.73. Think it's this model:
http://tinyurl.com/999cj (target.com)
It's got A/V jacks in the front AND back—not that I'll be using it to play games—but not bad, I think.
Still had 3 left at the
icontarget.gif
on Golf + Milwaukee in Niles.

bread's done
Back