Neverwinter nights question

strummerbs

CAGiversary!
I'm way, way behind the times on this, but I am thinking of picking up a copy of Neverwinter Nights and had a question. First of all, what version should I be looking at? The diamond version appears to have the most stuff, but why is it $10 cheaper than the platinum version at every store I check? Am I missing something here? Also, if anyone has any opinions about the game itself, I would appreciate hearing them. Thanks.

The Diamond version just came out recently and does have the most content. I guess stores never marked down Platinum- I still see it for $40 everywhere too.

The main campaign in the core game was somewhat weak as far as I'm concerned but there are a lot of excellent user created modules to try out. Just browse around http://nwvault.ign.com/

I played all the way through the campaign, and it was atrocious. It ends just when the story picks up, and there's too many goddamn chests!

Haven't played it online, but it sounds like it could be really fun as long as you don't get some asshat DM who just spawns dragons everywhere.

I had a lot of fun playing this with a couple friends for a few weeks. However, after creating and playing a few characters to mid-level, I found that even though there appear to be a lot of different feats and abilities, only certain ones are viable. There are many useless and marginal feats. Eventually, each of my characters ended up having a very similar list of feats. This game is definately intended for the more casual style of gameplay and not the "min-max" style that is so prominent in other MMOs.

[quote name='whitereflection']I played all the way through the campaign, and it was atrocious. It ends just when the story picks up, and there's too many goddamn chests!

Haven't played it online, but it sounds like it could be really fun as long as you don't get some asshat DM who just spawns dragons everywhere.[/QUOTE]
Thats when you turn into a dragon yourself, and lay the beat down >.>

The Hordes of the underdark campaign is okay. And I liked the main campaighn. It wasn't memorable and I've played better, but I've also played much worse.

A ton of mods are availible for this game. A lot are excellent. And I beleive one version for sale has mods made by Bioware on it that are for download on there site. There are also trainers availible if you get board to give your charecter crazy skills etc. . . All in all a great game. In large part due to the many mods. But the expansions and Bioware mods are all great as well. Personally I find myself still playing Baldurs gate 2 and it's mods. Especially since more keep on coming out from the community.

Go for the Diamond Package. Really the best content was in the original NWN and Shadows of Undrentide. Other than that check out the great free user content/mods/expansions available online at the forum website.

I am currently playing NWN and love the original campaign with the prestige classes the 2 expansions give you. Diamond adds Kingmaker to the platinum package, which I have not tried yet, but Kingmaker is available to purchase from Biowares website if you already have Platinum. Still, Diamond is the best package you can get if you have just the original or none at all.

PS: dont forget to check out the campaign called Winds of Eremor under the Other Modules section that comes with the original. INTENSE action!

Is the Diamond version on a DVD? Or are there both versions. I know that the DVD version of Platinum is a bit hard to find in stores.

bread's done
Back